Lilliput 7" LCD screen corruption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 7" LCD screen corruption

I have a 7" lilliput screen that shows corruption on 3/4 of the screen. From left to rigth, the first 1/4 of the screen display perfectly but the rest of the screen randomly gets corrupted or just turns black. After some troubleshooting I found is hardware based. If you play with it hitting the display case or twisting it the screens starts working. The part that seems to be giving the problems if a small board attached to the back of the LCD screen. With the LCD open, I can push that part and sometimes the display starts working.

Is this a known issue with these displays?

I tried removing that board but the screws wont come out and Im afraid of breaking it if I keep forcing it. So far the ribbon looks like is making good contact.

I'll post some pics tonigth.

Originally posted by silvi4000 View Post
    I have a 7" lilliput screen that shows corruption on 3/4 of the screen. From left to rigth, the first 1/4 of the screen display perfectly but the rest of the screen randomly gets corrupted or just turns black. After some troubleshooting I found is hardware based. If you play with it hitting the display case or twisting it the screens starts working. The part that seems to be giving the problems if a small board attached to the back of the LCD screen. With the LCD open, I can push that part and sometimes the display starts working.

Is this a known issue with these displays?

I tried removing that board but the screws wont come out and Im afraid of breaking it if I keep forcing it. So far the ribbon looks like is making good contact.

I'll post some pics tonigth.
    Could be a dry joint (bad solder point) ... or a leg of an IC might have lifted off the board ... could even be the SMD components also ... has it been stressed at all (forced in any way) or dropped? ...

What model is it? ... the pics might help also ...

cheers,
    Gem

Comment

Once i got home i grabbed the camera to get some pics of the corruption and now it wont do it. In the way home i gave the console a couple punches as that fixes the issue for a while and now it wont show the problem.

Im 100% percent sure tomorrow it will get corrupted again so I will take the camera with me in the car.

Comment

Working...
      X