Xenarc VGA bad and no AV inputs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc VGA bad and no AV inputs

First off Happy New Year! - Hope everyone's is good, I am stuck at work tonight so you all have to celebrate for me!

OK, now to the question...

I have a Xenarc (700TSV) mounted up front and when it turns on the bios and xp boot screens are a little stretched to the right and when the OS is up and running, i get one of a few things.... (keep in mind that in each scenareo the resolution overlay video comes up just fine.)

1. i get about 4 copies of the the desktop on the screen in 4 different spots (about 1/2 inch away from each other)

2. the video is all black and white with a trail off to the right.

3. the video is stretched off the right side, after a few minutes, the video starts to "fall" to the right and eventually starts "rolling" like crazy until it looks like that old scrambled p0rn channel you used to try to watch late at night.

If i tap on the screen it will some times come back. Also, I have the reverse camera hooked up and the AV2 priority setup as well. when the car is in reverse, the camera comes on and the screen switches but the screen is black (well the "AV2 Active" overlay is there but no video).

Anyways, anyone know whats going on? is it my control board? or a ribbon cable or something? I am really close to just buying a new one, the one with the LEDs in it.

This all started after i remounted the screen in the new car. Had to take it apart to get it in the dash.

Edit: Just added some pics to give you a little visual help...

If its not broken, take it apart anyway to see how it works!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Progress [########O#] 90% - All but ODBII working!

[Old Projects]
    2000 Saturn SC2 - 100%
    2000 Sebring JXi - 90% - Dash mod went bad, sold car.

Originally posted by engin33r
    a CVBS source to the AV1 input
    it is probably the LCD Controller.
    What do you recommend is the best source. I did a search for "CVBS" and from what i can find, its what i am feeding it now from the camera (a standart composite signal with a front porch, color burst, video info, back porch, and so on....) I bought the camera in Italy so its PAL but that shouldnt make a difference. If you know of a better source let me know. I work at a television / sat-uplink station so I am sure we have some kind of signal generator.

I agree with you about the LCD Controller. This little brown/white clip everyone is talking about breaking, well, i think i broke it. that leads me to the next question... is the LED version of this screen really worth it? or should i just replace this one with the same thing (or just send it back to get fixed if cost is lower)?

[Old Projects]
    2000 Saturn SC2 - 100%

Comment

I don't think the Xenarc displays are worth the price they are asking.
      I completely agree with you. $700 for a flip out screen that is half a$$ quality and not sunlight readable. Come on Xenarc - Give us a break.

I think I am far out of warranty for them to fix it. i have had this screen for over 3 years and have torn it apart many times trying to get it in the dash the way i wanted to. I'll look into the Lillput screens. Thanks for your help.

[Old Projects]
      2000 Saturn SC2 - 100%

Comment

just a little update. i switched my resolution to 640x480 and now i have to just do to an auto adjust every time it turns on and its good for the rest of the trip.

money permitting - im buying a new one!

[Old Projects]
        2000 Saturn SC2 - 100%

Comment

Oh man, Mine just started doing this same thing yesterday. If I smack my dash, it might come back for a minute, but then I lose it again. It's very annoying when at night it decides to start flashing white.
          Christmas Car Project 2008

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow View Post
            Oh man, Mine just started doing this same thing yesterday. If I smack my dash, it might come back for a minute, but then I lose it again. It's very annoying when at night it decides to start flashing white.
            I have a feeling that it is a bad connection inside between the control board and video board (or whatever the technical names are for the 2 boards). i have taken that screen apart way too many times. and well, they arent designed to do that.

if you change your resolution to 640x480 does it help?

[Old Projects]
            2000 Saturn SC2 - 100%

Comment

1) Change the Hertz to 70 for the xenarc
              2) Power your LCD from the power molex of the PSU
              3) Come back after you followed steps 1 and 2 with more pics.

http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Originally posted by tracker64 View Post
                1) Change the Hertz to 70 for the xenarc
                2) Power your LCD from the power molex of the PSU
                3) Come back after you followed steps 1 and 2 with more pics.

only problem with this is, you leave the car off for the weekend and the screen will lose all its settings. its not a default setting to have the AV2 auto on when signal is present, and i have a rear camera hooked up so if i hooked up the power to the molex i would have to re-setup the screen every time it lost its settings.

i understand the 70Hz change, but why hook up the power to the psu? the screen has a regulator in it. if your going towards a grounding issue, why not just run a wire and ground the two components together? just a thought.

[Old Projects]
                2000 Saturn SC2 - 100%

Comment

Just a thought!?

Well, my 1020TSV doesnt loose settings, does that matter?
                  And if I use the PSU power for LCD (REGULATED OR NOT) The image is crystal clear!

JUST A THOUGHT!
                  Tony
                  http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Originally posted by tracker64 View Post
                    Just a thought!?

Well, my 1020TSV doesnt loose settings, does that matter?
                    And if I use the PSU power for LCD (REGULATED OR NOT) The image is crystal clear!

JUST A THOUGHT!
                    Tony
                    Ha ha ha, maybe ive done more damage than i thought by taking mine apart. When it works my image is crystal clear too using power from a dist point up front. the only blurring i have is because i am not at the native resolution of the screen. my video card doesnt support it.

Anyone else have a 700TSV that keeps its settings after power is removed? Now, i dont mean you just hit the power button, but you physically pull the power for a day or two.

[Old Projects]
                    2000 Saturn SC2 - 100%

Comment

Working...
                    X