Disable Auto-On Feature?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Auto-On Feature?

I looked through the menus and couldn't find anything. I'm using the new 2008 Xenarc 700TSV screen - plugged into the cigarette lighter (NO, I'd like to KEEP it that way, thanks!) and I was wondering if there was a way to keep the damned thing from turning on every time I start my car. It's just extra wear and tear on the screen, since I don't always boot my carputer. Thanks!

wire it to the computers +12v line of the PSU if you have the room (enough amps on the 12v rail).

Or put a relay on the cig lighter but it will look even more ghetto then what you have.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
      wire it to the computers +12v line of the PSU if you have the room (enough amps on the 12v rail).
      Like I said, I'd like to just keep it on the cigarette lighter. I've got enough wires running under the center console as is! If there's no way, I'll just live with it I guess.

Comment

1 little wire versus ghetto looking seems like a no brainer decision in my opinion.

But what you want needs another input for control. So if you do it off of a relay or a microcontroller, you need 1 more input telling it when to turn on. 1 input means 1 wire. So no matter what you do, you will have at a minimum 1 more wire to run.

And guessing from your username, you have a mustang. Well if I can fit all my cables (shielded VGA and USB, 2 sets of 4awg wire, 4 sets of 8awg wire, and 8 speaker wires) into a single plastic channel down the side of the car, I can pretty much guarentee you have space for a single 10awg or so wire to where your psu is.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

How about an inline switch?
          This is one of the reason I didn't try hard to auto-on my lilliput
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
          X