Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under $400 VGA Touch Screen

Hello,
    I have spent the last two weeks searching around eBay for a 7" touch screen which is motorized or at least swivels out. I have two dins in my Toyota Camry which I could use. It seems like every screen that I come across has multiple issues, as declared on this forum.

Does anyone own a 7" motorized touch screen and are happy with their buy? Could you please tell me about any good or bad experiences?

Thanks

Nope...
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I think i read somewhere that Johnwpb (i think is hes user name) was happy with his. Dont quote me on this though, as i remember it was at least a few months ago. Look into his setup and you might find something.
      Car Pc progress meter:
      [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
      My worklog

Comment

I have been running one for two years and never had a single problem with it.
        Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

shadow, if you have a double-DIN opening in your car then why do you need a motorized/swivel monitor? with a little modification, you can fit a 7" LCD into a double-DIN opening. are you sure your car's opening is only "2 DINS"? many cars factory openings (like mine) are considered double-DIN but are actually bigger (the radio might be d-din, but the opening may be bigger). for example, I can fit an entire EBY701, enclosure and all in my "double-DIN" opening

when I first entered into this hobby I went through the same thing... I tried to find pre-built monitors that I can just plug in and use. but I soon came to realize that no good solution exists. if you want your system to look good then you'll have to spend a fortune on a double-DIN unit like the G4, or you'll have to break down and do some modding/fabbing to fit a panel in yourself.

good luck
          F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
          Fusion Carputer [2.0]
          Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Working...
          X