Scrolling screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling screen

About every other time I boot up, my xenarc 7" will display the POST information scrolling up the screen, and then power down. I can hear the computer finish booting through the stereo, but to turn the screen back on I have to force my power supply to reboot the computer.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the output of my Asus mp915x computer, the dvi->vga adapter, or the xenarc screen.

Any suggestions?

how are you powering the monitor? (direct 12v, computer molex, etc)

can you turn it on manually with the monitor's power button?
    F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

The way I put the bezel in my car, you can not access the power buttons. I am powering the computer with a carnetix p1900 at 13 volts (this is assumed safe since the car's nominal voltage is 14 and the carnetix screen came with a direct plug for the cigarette lighter).

Comment

Sounds like the screen doesn't like your resolution. What do you have it set at?
        Christmas Car Project 2008

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by oroboros_ARR View Post
          The way I put the bezel in my car, you can not access the power buttons
          can you reach behind and get at them? or remove the dash bezel to access it? the reason I ask is to rule out a problem with the automatic video signal sensing. did you bench-test the system before you installed everything? did it work ok then?

Originally posted by oroboros_ARR View Post
          I am powering the computer with a carnetix p1900 at 13 volts (this is assumed safe since the car's nominal voltage is 14 and the carnetix screen came with a direct plug for the cigarette lighter).
          "carnetix screen"???

so you're powring your Xenarc monitor through the cig lighter plug? ok, so that means it should have no issues getting power. is it powered all the time?
          F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
          Fusion Carputer [2.0]
          Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Ehrm, xenarc screen. I have the resolution at 800X600. Like I said, it works half of the time, it doesn't work the other half.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFanatic View Post
              can you reach behind and get at them? or remove the dash bezel to access it? the reason I ask is to rule out a problem with the automatic video signal sensing. did you bench-test the system before you installed everything? did it work ok then?

"carnetix screen"???

so you're powring your Xenarc monitor through the cig lighter plug? ok, so that means it should have no issues getting power. is it powered all the time?
              The screen is powered by the +13 on the carnetix is what I was trying to say. So the screen and the computer come on at about the same time. I was trying to explain why I felt that 13V was safe on a 12V nominal screen.

I did bench test the system, however I did not see any problem on the bench. This is most likely because of the intermittance of the problem... it just wasn't doing it that time.

Comment

Working...
              X