Toshiba LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba LCD

OK I have an old toshiba laptop with an active screen... it's an OK screen and i thought I could see how it went (although it's a bit big for my setup...) Anyway i pulled the laptop apart and obviously it is a different plug Can i get an adapter to plug into a VGA port or do i need to buy a PCI controller? Or can i wire those wires into a normal VGA plug that i pull off another monitor? I know people must have done it so any help would be appreciated

here's a picture of the plug:

Thanks in advance,

David

It will require some type of PCI driver card. i dont know much about selecting what card you need, but i do know they cost about $150-$250, so its not cheap to get it running. Plus you need to track down the needed driver information.

do a search of the forum for pci lcd driver cards, theres been lots of information posted about them in the past.
    Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
    Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
    '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

Thanks for the info......

forget that idea then

was only going to be a temporary solution until I got a vga lcd (like the xenarc)

Comment

IF you still have the laptop together one thing that you could try, if the laptop has eithernet, is get vnc, and you can use the laptop to remote controll a desktop. it will show the desktops screen on the laptop, although it wont be a very refresh rate.

Comment

yeah it has a 100mbps ethernet card in there and i can get it back together pretty quickly... i suppose that is one temporary solution because i could just have a network cable goin to the laptop under my seat or something that i pull out when i wanna use it... solves the mouse and keyboard problem too

Cheers mate

Comment

heres the link for VNC:
            http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Its a very very small client for remote controlling computers, its freeware, and it doesnt have any ads or anything.

Comment

Cheers mate I'll check it out!

Comment

can u post the model No of the lcd?
                by the looks of the plug the screen accepts a lvds signal. most matrox video cards have a lvds controler chip onboard and i have successfully solderd streight onto the chip and got my screen working...

Comment

it's a toshiba 300CDT..... i haven't tried it for ages but last time i checked it had dead pixels... so i don't really want to buy anything very expensive to get it working - was only going to be temporary.... I think i'll just invest in something like the Xenarc...

I want VGA, don't want to have RCA stuff.... and i want touchscreen - looks like the xenarc is my only option?

Comment

Working...
                  X