Lilliput eby-701 help!?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput eby-701 help!?!?!?!?!

I bought 2 Lilliput EBY-701 screens. I recieved them in a timely manner, installed them, then noticed there was a green pixel (stuck pixel) on one screen. So me being very picky, I contacted the ebay seller and told him I was not happy, can I have a replacement. He said ok and I sent the screen back. I then recieved the second screen, which had a diffrent serial number and the screen had the same dead pixel in the exact same place on the screen. Now I am P/Oed.

Is there a way to make the pixel reactivate? I tried the UD PIXEL thing for about 5 hours and the thing is still there. The massage technique doesnt seem to work, because the touch panel..... has anyone had this same issue with the EBY-701 and how did you fix it? Is Lilliput giving out bad screens?

PS: I dont know if the pixel is stuck or dead? My understanding is that if it is black, its dead, but if its red, blue or green, its stuck.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

I have two EBY701's. neither one has any dead/stuck pixels, so I don't think it's a lilliput "bad screen" problem.

I bought them both on eBay, from different sellers, but they were both shipped from the same place (Lilliput Electronics USA, City of Industry, CA). it seems that both sellers I bought from are just "middle-men", they pay the same US distributor to drop ship the item out. perhaps the seller you bought from is selling [slightly] defective monitors?

the touchpanel is only held on with plain old clear tape. you can easily cut the tape to try the "massage technique", then simply tape the touchpanel back on.

good luck
    F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGeek View Post
      I have two EBY701's. neither one has any dead/stuck pixels, so I don't think it's a lilliput "bad screen" problem.

I bought them both on eBay, from different sellers, but they were both shipped from the same place (Lilliput Electronics USA, City of Industry, CA). it seems that both sellers I bought from are just "middle-men", they pay the same US distributor to drop ship the item out. perhaps the seller you bought from is selling [slightly] defective monitors?

the touchpanel is only held on with plain old clear tape. you can easily cut the tape to try the "massage technique", then simply tape the touchpanel back on.

good luck
      Well I mailed him again, im hoping he will let me send it back again. I asked him to test the second screen when he sent it to me. He said he plugged it in, but I dont think he tested it with video. When you power on you dont see the pixel if the BG is a bright color, but on a black BG its very noticable. Also on both screens, they seem to get warm, is this normal? Should I maybe install fans?
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
      X