Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lilliput 629 Native Resolution?

Originally posted by JuniorGeezer View Post
    After more hours of tweaking, I'm able to get the new LED based 629 to fill the screen at 800x480. I used DTD Calculator to do that. I get a strong impression that the new monitor detects 800x480 as 640x480 and resamples to 640, then back to 800! Text looks uneven and fuzzy. Very bad!

The old monitor detects 640x480 as well but it does not resample to 640 pixels. It takes the signal and displays 800 pixels per line straight.

When switching to 800x600, both monitors display the horizontal direction free of resampling. But not surprisingly, the vertical direction is resampled and text looks fuzzy and uneven in the vertical direction.

Can anyone who recently bought the monitor comment? Why is this thread so quiet?
    I get the exact same thing on my new Lilliput 629 and suspect that 640x480 is the native resolution, but this is my first screen, so I have nothing to compare to...

Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Comment

Just got a new 629 w/ LED backlight from mp3car.com and it is doing the same thing. I've tried over a dozen 800X480 video mode lines so far and it always says 640x480.
      ----------------------------
      Save virtual trees....

Comment

Just got mine off ebay and I have the same problem...this is ridiculous...

Comment

I tried the DTD calculator and powerstrip and it still didn't work.

I uesd it on computers with 945G and nVidia video cards as well

Comment

^^

If it doesn't work on the 945, it will almost certainly not be possible on anything else. The 945 has the the most understood Intel GMA, and drivers for the 619 work perfectly...
            2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
            [----------] 100%
            Purchasing:
            [----------] 90%
            Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
            [----------] 90%

Comment

Any new news on this? I can't seem to get my new 629 working either yet using DTD and the strings i've found.

Are the 629's simply incapable for displaying that res now?

Comment

I'm using an ATI X700 chipset (onboard) and also unable to get 800x480 - even with powerstrip.

I think there's an older thread about this topic already but I could be wrong.

Comment

I've got 800x480 but you can tell it's not native and is scaled somehow....I just left it for now since it looks good enough. If someone ever finds a way, that'd be awesome

Comment

Why can't lilliput program their LCD controller to properly display the native resolution of the LCD panel? This has been the case since I first joined this forum, and you'd think this would have been fixed by now.
                    SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by STI_FFY View Post
                      Why can't lilliput program their LCD controller to properly display the native resolution of the LCD panel? This has been the case since I first joined this forum, and you'd think this would have been fixed by now.
                      I've wondered this too - makes no sense!

Comment

Originally posted by aznblueeboi View Post
                        I've got 800x480 but you can tell it's not native and is scaled somehow....I just left it for now since it looks good enough. If someone ever finds a way, that'd be awesome
                        same here. i can get it to display 800x480 but it is definitely scaled and doesn't look good IMHO. when i hit the menu button it says it is actually 640x480. i'm sticking with 800x600 for now.
                        2007 Mini Cooper eee PC worklog

Comment

Bumping the thread.

To reiterate:
                          My old non-LED 629 displays 800x480 pristinely and reports 640x480 on the on screen display.

My LED 629 that I had briefly displayed 800x480 with scaling artifacts and reported 640x480 on the on screen display.

Have Lilliput fixed the issue with scaling artifacts on the LED based 629?

I'd really like to have a spare monitor. Using another model as a spare would require a pain in the neck change of the VGA cable in case of a monitor switch.

Comment

Perhaps it would be helpful for Lilliput engineers if they could know what graphics hardware you all are using?

This might not mater, but are any of you using extension cables?

We have never seen this problem in person so it is hard for us to help.

Comment

Thanks for getting involved in this Fiberoptic.

I do use a high quality 2 m extension cable. The softness produced by the cable is so slight it's nearly undetectable. The effect of long cable softness is not the same as a re-sampling artifact.

The video is on-board Intel from my MSI 945GT Speedster-A4R mainboard.

Please see also:
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ml#post1180795

The re-sampling artifact may seem subtle to some people. I have worked in digital video for 20 years so I may have a heightened awareness. On the other hand, several other contributors have complained as well. It's best to use a loupe if a detailed examination is needed.

In any case a monitor should be able to display its own physical resolution without an unnecessary re-sampling stage.

I had the opportunity of a direct comparison between the old model 629 and the new one so I'm very nearly certain I'm not imagining things.

Comment

Working...
                              X