Lilliput autoswtch to AV1 on Singnal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput autoswtch to AV1 on Singnal?

Is there any tweaks that can make my Lilo to switch to AV1 when back-drive camera is activated, and then switch back to PC when the camera is OFF?
    Lexus RX300 CarPC progress:
    ██████████████████90%░
    Got VOOMPC,
    RR,GPS, BT, WiFi, 5.1,ODBII
    Lilliput touchscreen.
    Almost done. Testing...

Originally posted by Alex_Titoff View Post
    Is there any tweaks that can make my Lilo to switch to AV1 when back-drive camera is activated, and then switch back to PC when the camera is OFF?
    Yes, I would like to know too....
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Have a look here for the 08 Lilliputs
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...lilliputs.html
      Why buy it if you can build it? Even if it cost twice as much to build.

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut75 View Post
        Have a look here for the 08 Lilliputs
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...lilliputs.html
        I tried this. I tried different inputs (AV1/AV2) but auto switching does not work.
        ██████████████████90%░
        Got VOOMPC,
        Lilliput touchscreen.
        Almost done. Testing...

Comment

I tried this. I tried different inputs (AV1/AV2) but auto switching does not work.
          What Lilliput model do you have..... i have the EBY701. I had to create a auto switch mod. It requires sodering of the circuit board for the buttons, adding a wire from the reverse light to a micro relay which attaches to the button. When you hit reverse it simulates a button press..... when you leave reverse the relay looses power then snaps back into place and simulates another button press to bring it back to PC mode. Only draw back is you have to soder on the screen and you have to disable Source 2, otherwise the screen will not land on the correct source. Im taking my digital camera home and i will start a fresh install on the screen and post picture. Technically this mod can be done to any screen, so it is a universal mod.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

The main idea is to make switch to the source were the signal is initiated and switch back when the signal is terminated. Even if I manually switch to AV source it takes some time before it shows a picture, so you drive few meters "blinded".
            ██████████████████90%░
            Got VOOMPC,
            Lilliput touchscreen.
            Almost done. Testing...

Comment

No, my system switches right away when put into reverse..... there is no delay at all, the micro relay I use is pretty fast. You have about 1 second or less switch lag, which is more then enough.... The only way you have long lag is if for some reason your car has an electrical problem and has issues getting power to the reverse light..... When the switch recieves power from the light it sends power to the relay to switch, then when the power to the reverse light turns off (goes into drive) it immediately switches back....

Again, what monitor do you have? If its the EBY701, do you maybe have a older version, because mine switches very fast.... even whe i had my switch idea on the remote mod i did..... If your monitor takes long to switch, then even if it had the feature built in, it would still take the same amount of time.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

There were two, that i know of , projects to switch automatically using pics, one was a very simple solution wired to the remote sensor,i have them printed out somewhere i will see if i can find the thread and get back to you.

Comment

Mine is "New 2008 Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen 629GL-70NP LED Backlight"
                  ██████████████████90%░
                  Got VOOMPC,
                  Lilliput touchscreen.
                  Almost done. Testing...

Comment

I had problems getting rearview when panel was off. I want rearview to work even if the PC is off.

This is why I built a small 8051 system. I work with two inputs on my LCD panel. One that will activate AV input, and the other normally connected to ignition. The 8051 will activate "ignition" first and then "rearview". If I don't do that the LCD gets confused and will enter AV mode when powered on again.

I get some delay due to camera warming up. And because my CID 650 will not start instantly.

Would this 8051 system be of help on the lilliput you think?
                    My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"

Comment

Originally posted by millsy View Post
                      There were two, that i know of , projects to switch automatically using pics, one was a very simple solution wired to the remote sensor,i have them printed out somewhere i will see if i can find the thread and get back to you.
                      Yes please.... I am interested in this.... my mod only seems to work when applied to the remote control. If I use the relay system directly on the screen It causes all the buttons to become PC/AV buttons... Weird isnt it? I dont mind using the remote mod, but if you have a solution to do it diffrently then i would like to see....

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Mine is "New 2008 Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen 629GL-70NP LED Backlight"
                        Your screen should have auto switching then. From what I understand it works by sensing a signal.... when the cam is off the screen stays on PC, but when you send power to the cam and the cam starts broadcasting its video feed, the screen senses that feed and switches to AV1.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by bes51659 View Post
                          I had problems getting rearview when panel was off. I want rearview to work even if the PC is off.

This is why I built a small 8051 system. I work with two inputs on my LCD panel. One that will activate AV input, and the other normally connected to ignition. The 8051 will activate "ignition" first and then "rearview". If I don't do that the LCD gets confused and will enter AV mode when powered on again.

I get some delay due to camera warming up. And because my CID 650 will not start instantly.

Would this 8051 system be of help on the lilliput you think?
                          Why not just wire the screen directly to your radio harness so it turns on before everything? Here is what i did, I got a cigarette lighter socket splitter with 3 sockets, I cut one socket off, then attached the 12v+ of the socket to the ACC 12v+ and the ground to the ground. I then used the car adapter that came with my lilliput since it has a power regulator and a fuse. So when I turn the car on, the screens comes on. I have it set to auto power on, and i also have it set to go str8 to PC mode so the auto switch doesnt get confused.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                          4X MK808b
                          3x Perixx Touchpads
                          3x 7 inch Screens
                          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                            Why not just wire the screen directly to your radio harness so it turns on before everything? Here is what i did, I got a cigarette lighter socket splitter with 3 sockets, I cut one socket off, then attached the 12v+ of the socket to the ACC 12v+ and the ground to the ground. I then used the car adapter that came with my lilliput since it has a power regulator and a fuse. So when I turn the car on, the screens comes on. I have it set to auto power on, and i also have it set to go str8 to PC mode so the auto switch doesnt get confused.
                            I do not want the screen to come on during boot. I wait until PC is on before turning on the LCD. I never turn on the LCD manually. All buttons are removed. I've got one power-on button and thats it. The 8051 handles on and off of both PC and LCd.

But you are absolutely correct that I've complicated things :-) I want it to work absolutely OEM and exactly as I want. In a way that anyone can operate it intuitively.

And I took the oportunety to get familiar with the silabs good value dev kits.
                            My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"

Comment

Let me ask though, dont you have to wait for the screen and PC then before you can back up? The only reason I have the screen come on first is because the camera also powers up on ignition and usually the first things I do is go in reverse. All my other screens though come on with a delay, i want those to start with the PC.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                              X