No announcement yet.

Touch Screens ultra fragile?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Screens ultra fragile?

I've got an 8" Dynamix Touch Screen LCD Display.

The first one I got wouldn't even detect a touch to calibrate it so I sent it back and got a different one.

This one worked, so I decided to take it apart and try and integrate it into my Acura TL.

I got the video portion to work but could never get the touch screen to map correctly. I tried different combinations of the 4 wires but never could get it to work.

So I attached everything back to the original controller and tried using it on the computer I tested it on and it won't work there either. It detects the presence of a touch, but the mouse just jumps off the screen.

Are these things that fragile or is this a junk display company? The lcd itself is a Hitachi and like I said, it works fine, but the touch screen is wacked. Would a Xenarc be of higher quality or are they all going to be like this?

I've answered my own question.

I had gotten a panel from motorcity that had a torn flat cable. I patched it up and it works fine. However, the fix is so close to the edge of the panel that it might not be very reliable.

So I guess these Dynamix screens are absolute garbage.

Can anyone tell me what make/model/brand of touch monitors or just a touch kit would be more durable?