Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting more then one screen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Connecting more then one screen!

    The KINO-690S1 has a DVI port and a VGA port. THe DVI port has 3 screens all connected together. I used splitters, but I notice that when I connect the second screen to the splitter the second screen is dim, then when I connect the 3rd screen to the splitter, screen 3 is so dark it isnt funny, also screen 2 darkens even more...... Is there a way I can stop the darkening?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  • #2
    Use an active splitter. Basically, you are dividing the voltage that drives the signal for the monitor by 3, hence why it gets darker. You need an active splitter to ensure that each display gets the proper signal levels.

    Not sure of where to get one off the top of my head, but I would try monoprice or parts express or that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Found the perfect unit............ http://www.aluratek.com/product_info.php?products_id=5 It is super small... so it can go up in the head liner. Its on newegg.com for 52.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tek-_-17422011
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

      1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
        THe DVI port has 3 screens all connected together.
        Are you sure, how did you split DVI? Is it DVI-D, or DVI-A / DVI-I with an adapter (basically VGA)?

        Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
        Found the perfect unit............ http://www.aluratek.com/product_info.php?products_id=5 It is super small... so it can go up in the head liner. Its on newegg.com for 52.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tek-_-17422011
        That's a VGA splitter, not a DVI splitter.
        Old Systems retired due to new car
        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

        Comment


        • #5
          vga and dvi onboard?

          Does it do dual monitors natively?

          If so, I'd send the vga to the front touchscreen and the dvi to the rear monitors.

          Just my thoughts......
          For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
          Leonardo Da Vinci

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree with Rob, I think it could be splitting just VGA simple. The VGA is closed with resistors, and as you wire the newer units parallel, the original resistance decreases, and the driver IC is not capable to drive such a low resistance, therefore the voltage of analogous color signals drops, therefore the picture became darker. DVI (real DVI, I mean) use digital signaling, so it works perfectly or does not work at all. (Besides, DVI also use resistors between lines providing high current drive).
            Alopecia perniciosa

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
              vga and dvi onboard?

              Does it do dual monitors natively?

              If so, I'd send the vga to the front touchscreen and the dvi to the rear monitors.

              Just my thoughts......
              yes it does dual monitors natively..... it also has HDMI and composite via a cable. You can also do extended windows........
              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

              1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
              1x Win 7 PC

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
                Are you sure, how did you split DVI? Is it DVI-D, or DVI-A / DVI-I with an adapter (basically VGA)?



                That's a VGA splitter, not a DVI splitter.
                I am splitting DVI by using a DVI to VGA adapter, then a VGA splitter.

                Yea, I know its a VGA splitter........
                Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

                1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                1x Win 7 PC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
                  vga and dvi onboard?

                  Does it do dual monitors natively?

                  If so, I'd send the vga to the front touchscreen and the dvi to the rear monitors.

                  Just my thoughts......
                  the connectors on the 3 rear screens are all VGA. So I should keep it DVI? DVI splitters seem to be large and not fit the way I want. Also will it suffer from the dimming issue?
                  Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

                  1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                  1x Win 7 PC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                    the connectors on the 3 rear screens are all VGA. So I should keep it DVI? DVI splitters seem to be large and not fit the way I want. Also will it suffer from the dimming issue?
                    Don't go for a DVI splitter. You are using VGA, not DVI, and your screens won't take DVI anyway. The powered/active VGA splitter you linked to should be fine.
                    Old Systems retired due to new car
                    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
                      Don't go for a DVI splitter. You are using VGA, not DVI, and your screens won't take DVI anyway. The powered/active VGA splitter you linked to should be fine.
                      Thanx Rob, I actually just finished buying it. Im glad I found one that is super small... All the others I saw were big and ugly.... Thanx guys for all your help.
                      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

                      1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                      1x Win 7 PC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                        Thanx Rob, I actually just finished buying it. Im glad I found one that is super small... All the others I saw were big and ugly.... Thanx guys for all your help.
                        Did this work for you ?

                        I was going to buy it but noticed it was 9v powered and I wanted to just hook a splitter to my 12v line on my M4-Atx.
                        My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hailrazer View Post
                          Did this work for you ?

                          I was going to buy it but noticed it was 9v powered and I wanted to just hook a splitter to my 12v line on my M4-Atx.
                          It worked for me, but it needs a very specific 9v power......... it has to be 9v at 600ma. If its over the card will not work. So what I did was buy a power inverter for 20.00 and then use the ac adapter to power it.
                          Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

                          1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                          4X MK808b
                          3x Perixx Touchpads
                          3x 7 inch Screens
                          1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                          1x Win 7 PC

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                            It worked for me, but it needs a very specific 9v power......... it has to be 9v at 600ma. If its over the card will not work. So what I did was buy a power inverter for 20.00 and then use the ac adapter to power it.
                            why dont you make your own power supply? its very simple, inverter ac adapter are huge, hot, etc... only a 7809 regulator IC, and some capacitors required, ~ 2x 100nF and 2x 2-3000uF



                            and for the pinout of this IC: http://www.hep.upenn.edu/SNO/daq/parts/lm7815.pdf (all 78xx has the same pinout!)

                            just connect a 100nF and the bigger capacitor (check its polarity!!!) before and after the requlator, and fix the regulator's tab to a metal point (PIN2 is connected to the TAB inside). get the power from a fused line (cigar lighter, etc), or put a 2-3A fuse to the accumulator, if you connect it directly!
                            "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
                            Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                              It worked for me, but it needs a very specific 9v power......... it has to be 9v at 600ma. If its over the card will not work. So what I did was buy a power inverter for 20.00 and then use the ac adapter to power it.
                              Ok so it has to be 9v. I don't understand why you say "9v at 600ma". A device will pull the power it needs from the source. You can use a 3000ma power supply and it will only pull up to the 600ma that it is rated for. You can always use a higher rated amp power supply, just not a lower rated one.

                              So as long as I have a cigarette lighter adapter that is rated for 9v and at least 600ma it should work.
                              My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X