Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod audi a4 6.5" display to touchscreen

hi all

i'm planing to buy an audi avant a4 with 6.5" color monitor.

as i also own a carpc, which i want to continue to use, there is no space where a monitor would fit (that's my personal opinion, and is not discussable ))

so i'd like to mod the original display mounted in the dashboard of the audi. as this display is used for all kind of information and adjustments i can't just change it for a 7" lilliput or similar. in case this can be done somehow, i'm really interested on how ...

so what i'd like to do:
    there is some tv input switch for watching tv from a external tuner. why not use that, together with a vga->fbas/video converter and feed this signal to the tuner input (i know picture quality is horrible, but better that nothing).

i think that can be done, but there is one problem left: i need touchscren input to control my pc. is there any aftermarket touchscreen that can be attached on top of the original display?

pls help!

thanks ize|man

You can slap any touch screen (+ controller) in front of your OEM LCD. You should be able to account for the 0.5" of space you'll have hidden by just calibrating it.

shameless plug

Comment

Originally posted by dyne View Post
      You can slap any touch screen (+ controller) in front of your OEM LCD. You should be able to account for the 0.5" of space you'll have hidden by just calibrating it.

shameless plug
      thanks a lot! that's what i was searching for ...
      regards
      ize|man

Comment

A New monitor with TOUCH

I have a project now to design a new 6.95inch WVGA monitor with touch panel to replace the original 6.5inch WQVGA monitor. The new monitor has 3 inputs: one is the original input from radio, one is a VGA input for carpc and one is a CVBS(video) input. The inputs can be switched by a push switch to toogle the inputs, and touch panel data can be output through a RS232, which act as a Serial Mouse.

For this project, I need some more information, for example, the original signals from radio.

I have no the Audi A5 and new A4(2008) for this Audi B8 platform. If you have any more information, please share with me to support this project.

Comment

Originally posted by iamu2 View Post
          I have a project now to design a new 6.95inch WVGA monitor with touch panel to replace the original 6.5inch WQVGA monitor. The new monitor has 3 inputs: one is the original input from radio, one is a VGA input for carpc and one is a CVBS(video) input. The inputs can be switched by a push switch to toogle the inputs, and touch panel data can be output through a RS232, which act as a Serial Mouse.

For this project, I need some more information, for example, the original signals from radio.

I have no the Audi A5 and new A4(2008) for this Audi B8 platform. If you have any more information, please share with me to support this project.
          Did you ever get any further with this?

Comment

What OEM unit do you have? Im working on a MFD2 for a VW. a lot of work has gone into it already, including adding a touch screen (not done by me). Anyways, Check it out

http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...custom-hu.html

Comment

Working...
            X