redesigning the 700 tsv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redesigning the 700 tsv

i have a question and please bear with me if it is a stupid one but I am not an electrical engineer, what i now about circuits has been learned through messing and taking things apart and messing around ...

Is it possible to separate the lcd controller board in the 700tsv (new version) from the lcd and convert the ribbon cable to an actual but longer cable? I want to place the lcd in a very thin aluminum extruded case case and place the bulkier controller board inside the car pc case. If this is possible all I would have is a single relatively thin cable running to the lcd and everything thing else is inside the computer.

thanks

Ready made solution

Originally posted by ivan84gt View Post
    i have a question and please bear with me if it is a stupid one but I am not an electrical engineer, what i now about circuits has been learned through messing and taking things apart and messing around ...

Is it possible to separate the lcd controller board in the 700tsv (new version) from the lcd and convert the ribbon cable to an actual but longer cable? I want to place the lcd in a very thin aluminum extruded case case and place the bulkier controller board inside the car pc case. If this is possible all I would have is a single relatively thin cable running to the lcd and everything thing else is inside the computer.

thanks
    Would a 15" cable be long enough? It was for me:

http://store.mp3car.com/LCD_controll..._p/raw-002.htm
    ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
    X