Problem With Liliput EBY701

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Liliput EBY701

So I finally got a working CarPC in, only to find out that the touchscreen isn't working. The monitor (Liliput EBY701) still displays a perfect image, but every time I try to install the touch drivers, I keep getting a "USB Device Not Recognized" bubble (CarPC runs XP w/ Minlogon). I tried installing it on my laptop, and my girlfriend's (both run Vista) laptop, and still the same error.

Has anyone experienced this with their touchscreen? If so, what was the fix?
    Or is my touch controller shot? If so, what would I have to replace (the controller, the overlay, etc)?
    2003 Mazda 6i Sedan - White
    CarPC in the making!

Bump.. Nobody?
    CarPC in the making!

Comment

Did you try to run it under XP? There might be a problem with drivers for Vista, even though I have never had any problem with my USB devises.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoxol View Post
        Did you try to run it under XP? There might be a problem with drivers for Vista, even though I have never had any problem with my USB devises.
        The CarPC is running XP w/ Minlogon. When I tried installing the drivers onto my CarPC, the installation went fine, but when I plugged my Lili in, I got the "USB Device Not Recognized" bubble.
        CarPC in the making!

Comment

if my memory serves me well, during the installation it asks you to stick usb from Lil into PC and continue the installation after that. I don't know if it may cause a problem but who knows. Also, do you have SP 2 installed on your XP? I remember there is a problem with usb drivers under SP1 and there is a fix of this problem in SP2. Also there might be a problem with usb cable itself. Do you have someone with the same screen so you could try different cable with your screen?

Comment

if my memory serves me well, during the installation it asks you to stick usb from Lil into PC and continue the installation after that. I don't know if it may cause a problem but who knows. Also, do you have SP 2 installed on your XP? I remember there is a problem with usb drivers under SP1 and there is a fix of this problem in SP2. Also there might be a problem with usb cable itself. Do you have someone with the same screen so you could try different cable with your screen?
            CarPC uses XP Pro w/ SP2. Unfortunately, no, I don't know anyone w/ an EBY701. I have a 15 foot USB 2.0 extension cable running from my dash to my trunk, along with a 15' VGA cable and my RCA cables as well (all hidden and running along the passenger's side).
            The odd thing is, when I first got the screen, it worked PERFECTLY with my laptop (running Vista). While I left my screen with a friend to be mounted, I accidentally deleted the drivers from my laptop, and ever since then, I haven't been able to get it to work. I have no clue why, though. Something tells me the touch controller is shot..
            CarPC in the making!

Comment

So, do you get usb device not recognized when you plug in the usb or while installing the driver?

If it's when you plug in the usb, you my have an unserviceable touchscreen overlay since it does the saem thing on three different units under two different OS's.

Few questions:

was it working before?

Have you taken the monitor apart?

Is it still under warantee?

Good luck.
              For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
              Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Did you install drivers from original CD came with screen or you downloaded it from Internet?
                Well, I have the same screen. Maybe some day you could come over and we would try your screen on my setup. I''m in Brooklyn, NY

Comment

Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
                  So, do you get usb device not recognized when you plug in the usb or while installing the driver?

If it's when you plug in the usb, you my have an unserviceable touchscreen overlay since it does the saem thing on three different units under two different OS's.

Few questions:

was it working before?

Have you taken the monitor apart?

Is it still under warantee?

Good luck.
                  "USB Device Not Recognized" comes up when I plug in the USB cable for the touch screen. This happens both before and after installing the drivers.

When I first got the EBY701, it worked p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y. I haven't taken it apart (yet), and I bought it off ebay, so I don't know if it's still under warranty. However, when I had it mounted, I believe the housing had to be modified with hinges in order to get a secure and reliable mount, so I have no idea if the warranty is null&void. If the warranty is voided, what would I need to replace in order to get the touch working again? (touch overlay, controller, etc)

I should also add that after I went into the registry (on my carPC) and deleted all the USB drivers, it worked for about 20 mins, but I had to press VERY hard in order for the screen to read my touch.
                  CarPC in the making!

Comment

What about any other usb devices? Like kb, mouse, flash drive? I understand you also tried this screen onto two other laptops but vista in not counted)

Comment

What about any other usb devices? Like kb, mouse, flash drive? I understand you also tried this screen onto two other laptops but vista in not counted)
                      GPS (BU-353), PS/2 mouse, USB mouse, PS/2 keyboard, and my USB external hard drive all work fine. I also tried an SD-USB adapter, and that worked fine. I've switched the USB ports around as well (putting the touch on 'port 1', gps on '2', and vice versa).
                      CarPC in the making!

Comment

so... I believe there are the options: screen itself, damaged usb cable or somehow corrupted drivers. Dont really know what else could be...

Comment

FWIW this happened with my Shark screen also. I had plugged in the USB controller plug the wrong way. Not the USB plug itself , the little molex connector that connected the USB touchscreen interface board to the main controller board.

It could be plugged in 2 different ways and I did it wrong. Kept saying "USB device not recognized" . Unplugged it and moved it in the right position and it was fine.
                          My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

Comment

for Lil there is no way to plug it wrong.

Comment

so... I believe there are the options: screen itself, damaged usb cable or somehow corrupted drivers. Dont really know what else could be...
                              I hope the USB extension cable isn't damaged, I just bought it! lol
                              I'm not sure about the Lili cables though.. I do have a little bit of wavy lines on my screen (happens only when the engine is on and I also have alternator whine in my speakers, but that's a different problem, right?). Other than the wavy lines, the video is fine, which makes me think that the Lili cables are fine.. I'm not sure how other Lili monitors have their cables, but mine has a small unique plug on the back of the monitor that goes into a thick cable which then branches off into RCA audio & video, VGA, USB, and power.

The drivers, well, unfortunately, I don't have a CD drive on my CarPC (I don't have a working adapter for IDE-slim). What I've been doing was copying the CD onto the carPC's hard drive, and running it from there.

On the Vista laptops, however, I've been using the CD.
                              CarPC in the making!

Comment

Working...
                              X