No announcement yet.

40x4 Viewing Angle - HELP!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40x4 Viewing Angle - HELP!

I have hooked up a 40x4 LCD Character Display and everthing works great.. Except you need to look at it perpendicular or from below the lcd to be able to see the display. Which is no good when it is mounted in the DIN spot in my dash as I'm looking down at it. I have a 10k pot to adjust the contrast but this only helps when looking below perpendicular to the display. I have done a little bit of research and it seems there are two settings/types for the display's. 12 o'clock (top) and 6 o'clock (bottom). I guess I must have the 6 o'clock type. I cant find a way to fix it though.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if there is anyway to change or fix it?

Spec sheet for my model lcd can be seen at:

Off the top of my head, and I could be wrong, but it probably has to do with the polorization film on it. Buy some online (i think you should be able to search the board for a etailer), peel off the existing film, and then rotate the new film around until you find the right orientation to make it visible from where you need it.

Since when is insanity a bad thing?

I took some spacers (old ISA slot covers - eventually replaced with plexiglass pieces) and fit them around the top of the LCD so that it is set back about 1/4 inch in the dash. Looks very slick!
      I'll post pics when I get a camera...
      CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
      Ne1 recognize the avatar?