Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW - 3.5" VGA LCD - SO gonna get me one of these!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW - 3.5" VGA LCD - SO gonna get me one of these!

This is pretty cool!

3.5" VGA LCD, World's Smallest TFT VGA LCD
    http://www.aeicomp.com/Detail.asp?Pr...20_LCD35VGANTS

Would be a great second monitor in the visors or wherever, don't think I'd use it as a primary LCD, my eyes just ain't that good

It had VGA, composite and S-Video. I've also seen touch screens on e-bay in this size. A little spendy at $298.00, but it is pretty cool.

I'll be ordering one just for kicks soon, I'm sure I can work it in somehow. Thinking about a pico-itx or Artigo system hooked up to it for a dual PC install, and having it run its own "stuff", whatever stuff that may be...maybe OBDII stuff.

Thoughts?
    Working on - 2006 Cadillac Escalade with all the TOYS!

COMPLETE! - 2002 Cadillac DTS - Summer 2008 - SOLD SUMMER 2010

COMPLETE! - 1998 Cadillac Deville Concours - Summer 2007 - SOLD SUMMER 2008

Thoughts...... you just fount a very small TTL converter. Thats more awesome than a 3.5" screen.

Comment

pretty cool, would be good for digital dash type stuff with gages or status displays of some sort. They actually have some decently priced panels there.
      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Originally posted by _dopehead_ View Post
        pretty cool, would be good for digital dash type stuff with gages or status displays of some sort. They actually have some decently priced panels there.
        I also thought about the digital dash stuff...sounds great.

I should contact them to ask if they sell to France...
        New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
        Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
        Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

I wonder if these are truly "aircraft grade" panels. Isn't there a certification process or something for that kind of thing?

Also, glare would be a big deal in aircraft. Are these panels glare friendly?
          My stagnant project

Comment

Isn't that shop mainly aimed at "geeks" who build replica flightsims and not actual usage in planes ??
            Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

AvionicsLcd is a supplier of Lcd's for helicopter,airplane manufacturers, and professional flight simulators. And they also supply for the US government and Nasa.

They only use Grade A New panels and won't sell to just anybody.

And they modify their panels for increased brightness for sunlight viewing.

They are the real deal.
              My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

Comment

Well, I put the request in for one of the 3.5" panels, waiting on a confirmation.

Also looked at some of the other panels that they offer...

I feel a whole lot better knowing the panel I currently have for my install is good enough for a jumbo jet now!

EDIT - Changed the link in the original post to a better company with better service and just about the same goods.

Comment

Love the temperature ranges... -30 to +80.
                  My stagnant project

Comment

wow, that place has some nice screens... man, what's hundreds now was thousands just a few years ago... nice stuff...
                    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

That 3.5" screen would be awesome as a backup camera screen/secondary monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                        wow, that place has some nice screens... man, what's hundreds now was thousands just a few years ago... nice stuff...
                        Hey TurboCad! Totally nice stuff, the 10.4" transreflective high brite really looked sweet!

Originally posted by Machinehead View Post
                        That 3.5" screen would be awesome as a backup camera screen/secondary monitor.
                        I was thinking an OBDII gauge panel. One screen to flip through RPM, Speed, Oil, Temp, etc. That would be cool, but like you said, B/U cam...the list goes on!

Originally posted by hailrazer View Post
                        AvionicsLcd is a supplier of Lcd's for helicopter,airplane manufacturers, and professional flight simulators. And they also supply for the US government and Nasa. They only use Grade A New panels and won't sell to just anybody.
                        Then I must me a somebody, like mama always said! Took a little arm twisting, but I was able to become a distributor and get an initial order in for a few 3.5" VGA's. They have a lead time of 3 weeks, but I'm willing to wait for these lil' guys.

Comment

Originally posted by quantum View Post

Then I must me a somebody, like mama always said! Took a little arm twisting, but I was able to become a distributor and get an initial order in for a few 3.5" VGA's. They have a lead time of 3 weeks, but I'm willing to wait for these lil' guys.
                          Yea they will sell some of them to you, just don't ask for their 1500nit panels, they told me they only sell them to Government / Nasa/ Aviation / etc.

Make sure to give us a review when you get them
                          My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

Comment

yup! also displays at various resolutions...

Comment

Working...
                            X