Dynamix LCD touchscreen problems and heat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamix LCD touchscreen problems and heat

I've buyed a touchscreen lcd (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123) and I'm experiencing some trouble with the touchscreen.

I used the supplied software to calibrate the touchscreen and all seems ok but after some working time the right side of the lcd starts to be uncalibrated so that i touch in a position and the windows pointer goes in a rightmost position.

This behaviour make complicated the use in a car! I noticed that the right rear part of the lcd tend to heat up a lot; I'm thinking that this can be the cause of touchscreen resistive circuit malfunctioning.

Any suggestion on that? Did someone have experienced something similar before?
    My new dash setup with 8.4" LCD!
    Secondary (roof) LCD display
    False floor with mobo, amp and all the electronics
    Power supply and HDD Suspension system detail

Originally posted by l1nk View Post
    I've buyed a touchscreen lcd (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123) and I'm experiencing some trouble with the touchscreen.

I used the supplied software to calibrate the touchscreen and all seems ok but after some working time the right side of the lcd starts to be uncalibrated so that i touch in a position and the windows pointer goes in a rightmost position.

This behaviour make complicated the use in a car! I noticed that the right rear part of the lcd tend to heat up a lot; I'm thinking that this can be the cause of touchscreen resistive circuit malfunctioning.

Any suggestion on that? Did someone have experienced something similar before?
    I not long ago received my RMA'd dynamix 816 because the original had the white screen of death. The touchpanel on the original screen was perfect and would never lose calibration and now the RMA'd one loses calibration all the time. I wish they would test their products properly before sending them out. It cost me 70 aud just to send the original back for replacement, and it took them 6 weeks to send me the screen back, only to have it have touchpanel problems. I think I will just have to buy a replacement touchpanel online somewhere. Dynamix service is a joke.

Edit: I may retract my comment about dynamix service being a joke. Even though we have had a bit of a bad run, the guy we have been deeling with (Brian C) has been helping us out quite considerably.

Comment

I know. I have had a lot of problems with these guys, starting from the order! After a week they said me the item was shipped but they shipped only after other 2 weeks and the delivery required another 10 days... I waited over a month to have the item then it was defective and don't correctly recognizes VGA signal so that I was forced to repair it and spend other money... Now I have this calibration (heat?) problem

I really like the lcd both aesthetically and the really bright and clear image but I'm experiencing a lot of problems and read of many people having defective dynamix lcd's.

I think dynamix lcd are rubbish

Comment

Well I don't mean to insist that you tear open your brand new lcd that should be working from the factory, but I just happened to read this thread and it would feel wrong to not take the time to post a link to this:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...uch-panel.html

Hopefully you can get it replaced, but it seems that way too many of these cheap touch panels suffer from this problem.

Comment

hey numbers, thanks for the input. certainly worth a shot for those who are not in the warranty period or don't want to incur the cost of sending the screen back to the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by numbers View Post
            Well I don't mean to insist that you tear open your brand new lcd that should be working from the factory, but I just happened to read this thread and it would feel wrong to not take the time to post a link to this:
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...uch-panel.html

Hopefully you can get it replaced, but it seems that way too many of these cheap touch panels suffer from this problem.
            The lcd can't be replaced because of warranty void when repaired for the vga detection problem! It was really expensive to send back to dynamixcomp so I preferred to repair it locally in a electronic laboratory.

Next weekend I'll try what you suggested. I hope to succesfully disassemble my lcd; I already tried but the screws are really hard to remove so I left these on place! Many thanks for your suggestion, I'll post back the results

Comment

Working...
            X