Don't buy from Motorcity Tech!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't buy from Motorcity Tech!

Duayn lied many times that I never contacted him after I sent in my screen to be repaired. I sent about 5 emails to him over the course of a couple months and he never responded. I eventually went to the attorney general's office and they sent a message to him about the issue. Within a day or two, he got back to both of us stating the never received emails from me and how I'm the one who wasn't communicating.

Well, at any rate, he blamed me for not contacting me again just today when I asked what was going on with my screen (2 weeks after he said the part would be in).

Unless there was a problem with his email, I can only say he's a liar and not a very good business person.

Be careful!
    Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
    Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
    Teardown PC [100%]
    Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

eh.. i just bought a screen from him.. got it in 2 days but it was DOA, So i sent it back to him and he received it wednesday. Still havent heard from him about him receiving it. But he seemed like a genuine person when i spoke with him, he said he will get it shipped out ASAP. Ill keep you guys updated.

Comment

I had the same experience at first - great responses and quick. But, during this year he has been really flaky and then lying about it.
      Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
      Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
      Teardown PC [100%]
      Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Comment

Originally posted by fatejd View Post
        I had the same experience at first - great responses and quick. But, during this year he has been really flaky...
        After sending mine in for repairs, nothing was functionally different (though I paid for an upgraded touchscreen) with the touchscreen when I got it back, it still didn't work. I haven't heard back from him as well.
        It's been a while...

Comment

I just spoke with Duayne a few minutes ago, and he told me he received my screen. Has a controller board for it being shipped from hongkong and that he will ship out my screen tuesday. So i dont know what to say. My experience with him SO FAR has been excellent.

Comment

Recieved an email from Duyane with the tracking number for my package, it is supposed to come in today. Ill post when i recieve it and how it goes.

Comment

Update : I received my screen yesterday afternoon and it worked 100%. Nothing seemed to be wrong with it anymore. So for the guys who have had problems with Duyane, i only communicated with him through the phone and everything went smooth. If anyone needs his number just post in here n ill paste it.

Comment

Still waiting for my $150
                My BMW E46 carpc
                My iGuidance 4 skin
                FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Comment

I live in Australia and had some demands for a special touchscreen. Duyane went to lot of trouble to source it and make some minor mods to exactly what I wanted and I have it working like treat a year later here half way around the globe. I would recomend him anyday. As mogaffar says ring the guy don't email him if you have a problem. He is flat out running a small business but I would be very surprised if he doesn't respond positively.
                  Landrover CF 3.1 Commell LV677 2GhzCore2Duo 4GDDR2 Military 80G SATA & SS Cartnetix P2140 & P5V Voom2 81/2" 16:9 5.1 3XAmps SOHO H/F Mini-PCI Wireless & 3G Wireless B'band Mini-PCI GPS - Destinator/OziExplorer HQCTi DAB+ SATA DVD Remote Cams TV UHF Radio

Comment

yeah when i first emailed him it took about a week for him to reply, when i called him he called me back that same day. So give him a call.. his number is 586-552-4436

Comment

Working...
                    X