No announcement yet.

Color problems on 7" Carmedien screen

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color problems on 7" Carmedien screen

Hello everyone!

I bought this screen a few days ago. I've been driving nicely around with it until yesterday. Out of sudden the Red color started to fade away and then it came back... it happened a few times and now its completely dead from red, i've tested it. BUT! the screen works cause menus red/green/blue works just fine even while the windows is underneath it and it has no red color... (that sentence made no sense? ) anyway im sure its not about the screen its about the VGA wire and the connections. Im pretty sure its not on the wire either, but not 100% sure. I think it might be inside the screen that the VGA connector must come loose or something.

So anyone mind give a tought about this, ill be thankful! I think i just need to send it back and wait a couple of weeks for now one

Okay today when i was on my way to work, i booted my comp up and was able to see the red color for a little longer. So now im a little clueless, cause moving around the wires doesnt help... damn should i just send it over to warranty?

Have you tried it with a different PC and cable?
      Carputer Project Status:
      0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
      Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

yes. i have tried it with laptop and a ATX PC, both => same problem

I think its just a little thing thats causing it, cause all the other colors work only red seems to dissapear. I have tryed to search around here others have had the same problem but couldnt find any solution for my problem

Can it be caused by power spike? i mean i used it from the cig lighter for a while and the screen picture altered a bit so i made a connection for PC's PSU and now those problems are gone, but red color is still somewhere :/

okay i've confirmed the wiring. Its ok! I have used my meters to run down some of the board on the touch screen and the red singnal moves nicely there. Now i've been trying a few times to boot the touch screen (power off, power on) and i can see red color fine for few seconds then it dissapers in a blink of eye

Anyone have any ideas what should i do with this?

My liliput does kind of the same thing. While its on it will sometimes cycle through different hues and then sometimes it will go completely out. Im thinking maybe its a heat issue but I have no friggin clue.