Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput GL701NP 7in in dash monitor problems

Any help would be appriciated.

I just installed a Lilliput GL701NP screen. I connected it to my laptop to test things out. I have a headphone jack to RCA Y cable connect to the headphone jack on my laptop and the VGA IN connectors on the unit. When I am in PC mode i am not getting any sound. Any ideas? Bad unit or problem with my install?

I have the EBY701 which I assume is very similar and have sound working on it when in VGA/PC input. Does your sound work in any other modes?

Comment

the radio works. that is the only other thing i have to test.

Comment

radio as in car radio? or tuner in the carpc? The eby701 I have has video modes of PC, Video1, Video2 and a single set of audio inputs. can you hook up a cdplayer to the audio inputs of the screen and see if you get sound on any of the video modes?

Comment

let me see what i can do. this has an in, an out, and vga in. i may have something else i can connect. give me 10 minutes.

Comment

i connected a old vcr via rca and i have video but no sound.

Comment

might be a defective controller board. silly question time. Have you opened the monitor or was it frameless? If you opened it or are going to open it, check the speaker connection inside. Small 2-pin connector with 2 wires that lead to the speaker. Just make sure everything's intact (ie, wire didn't come off, or isn't unplugged, etc).

Also go through the on screen menu and just make sure there isn't any options relating to the audio that would be disabling it or turning it all the way down.

silly questions...but had to be asked to clear the obvious.

Comment

I did not open it. It is the 1 DIN in dash screen with build in radio and connections to the car speakers. The built in speaker is useless to me.

Comment

oh I see now... I thought you were trying to use an internal speaker and couldn't get audio... n/m... didn't get much sleep this week It's the audio OUT from the screen that doesn't work when in PC mode right?

anyway, is there an onscreen menu with anything in it?

Comment

not using audio out either. the wiring harness connects to the car speakers like a normal after market stereo.

Comment

got me then. Sorry man.

Comment

Working...
                      X