Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dynamix 10" is pain in the you know what...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynamix 10" is pain in the you know what...

OK two years ago i got a dynamix 10.2" screen

http://dynamixcomputers.com/dyx_102trm.html

this one, and i think i paid 400-ish anyhow... i have two problems. one is that the screen flickers at odd times, randomly... i took it apart years ago and just put it together last month... the second problem is that when i start the pc the screen doesnt automaticly boot up... the controle pannal displays a red light. then i press the power button and it displays a green light...

there isnt much or any dipswitches on any of the circut panels... this was a flip down display but now its in my dash... and my dash is in my basement... ****ing me off...

I have tried to ground every pannel to the screen then to the ground supplied to the carputer.

the noise i suspect is comming trough the vga port though... when it was still in my car i was getting the same noise, eventhough its on a 1.6fard cap???

has any one delt with this screen?
    Life Dosn't come with a reset button, if it did you might as well turn the game off.

here is what it looks like now...
    [media]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/killmeman/brothers%20car/Picture150.jpg[/media]
    [media]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u6/2006nbpsi/8thcivic%20fest/Picture047.jpg[/media]

and me going nuts fighting with te system, re-installing 10 differant versions of windows...

[media]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/killmeman/brothers%20car/Picture149.jpg[/media]
    Life Dosn't come with a reset button, if it did you might as well turn the game off.

Comment

common ppl give me a hand...

Comment

hey portabuddy.

I doubt there is much you can do about getting the auto poweron function. This would be inherent problem in the software or hardware side of the screen. I guess the only way to autopower on if you wanted, was to make a circuit up that sensed a high level input from when your pc turns on, and then have the circuit pulse/toggle the power switch on your screen. It's a hack, but that would work.

Can you explain the screen flickering in more detail? Is it the backlight that turns off (i.e, if you look hard enough can you still see an image) or is it the whole screen that turns off?

Comment

It sounds a lot like interference in the VGA cable. You might try replacing it. This may involve soldering tiny wires, but hey its worth a try and doable. If a crappy signal is coming down from the computer, the screen won't turn on right. May also cause flickering issues.

Another cause of flicker is bad source power. try powering your screen from the ATX +12v and not the cars 12v.

BTW: Large caps do nothing for power quality, just supply during HUGE amp drains (like a bass note). If you want to clean up your power going into anything, use the ATX 12v. (buy a molex connector ((usually a cpu fan will have this)) and cut it off and wire it to your screen.)
          Get MediaEngine !!!
          Media Engine Download

Comment

lol... its not hoocked up to my car... its on my coffe table, powered by a 13.5V PS from a large printer... the screen is hoocked up to the AUX 12V jumper on the m2-atx board...

Im thinking of useing the amp output as a trigger for the power button as a instentaniouse jump to simulate turning it on, since the amp triggter turns on 2sec. after everything recives power this will be perfect... i have already figured out what dise what for relocating the IR and the power button off the board anyhow...

any one have sugestions on a circut? im thinking a 555 timer, only useing one 555 timer and not two. that way it will give one pulse...

Also its not the cable... it did it on my 21" too but i had it going through a computer PS then the m2-ATX...

By flicker i mean kind of like a refresh rate flicker... but not really... i will try to catch it on vedeo but we all know what that might look like...

for now i will try smaller isolators.

Comment

i filmed the problem then when i was putting it back into the car i found the problem...

the green wire off the VGA cable going to the screen was cut. and not cut but there was a 1/2 chunk taken out of it???

i fixed it and the screen hasnt flickered since...

Comment

Working...
              X