Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is a good resolution for roof flip down screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a good resolution for roof flip down screen?

im currently looking at this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

640x480.
    You're limited to composite video input, which is far lower quality than a PC's VGA output.

Also, that ad states it has a VGA port, which is complete bunk. It is capable of VGA resolution (640x480), but there is no VGA input.
    I'm willing to bet you can get the seller in trouble w/ Ebay for misrepresenting this product.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

it shows on the manual it has vga port if you scroll down

Comment

Originally posted by crzunch View Post
        it shows on the manual it has vga port if you scroll down
        You obviously didn't read what I said:
        Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
        Also, that ad states it has a VGA port, which is complete bunk. It is capable of VGA resolution (640x480), but there is no VGA input.
        I'm willing to bet you can get the seller in trouble w/ Ebay for misrepresenting this product.
        I'm well aware that the ad says it has a VGA port. I'm also confident that the ad is lying to you.

[EDIT]
        After looking at their diagram, it does indicate a VGA port.
        I'm honestly intrigued.. Although the ad does say, specifically, 640x480 @ 60hz. That's pretty crappy resolution, especially for a 10.4" LCD. Even the 7" & 8" LCDs can display 800x600.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I've got a bunch of 640X480 10.4" lcds... OLD stuff man, good for video only really, desktop in that size kinda sucks, although it is usable, especially with a front end running on it... & yeah, most video cards can still put out a native 640x480, so while not ideal, it still really is a pc display...
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

http://dynamixcomputers.com/dyx_102trm.html how about this one?

Comment

looks decent, pretty bright if that spec is after the touchscreen, which it may not be...

only thing I see as not ideal is the viewing angles... if your much off to either side it'll look crappy, but anything less than 60 deg off center & it'll be ok...
              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
              X