Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Pics of Digital WW Screen (WARNING: Big Pictures)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Pics of Digital WW Screen (WARNING: Big Pictures)

I got my TM-701L today. I paid 209.00 on ebay

Anywho, I hooked up the screen to my power supply in my desktop computer and took some decent pictures to show off the quality of the display. Both pictures are at 640x480 with 32-bit color. Enjoy!

The big one can be found HERE.

The big one can be found HERE.
    Phase: Final Steps
    Current Project: Tweaking
    System Stats:
    AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 256MB GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB AGP8X
    DigitalWW TM-701L In-Dash LCD w/touchscreen
    Slim DVD Tray Load 8.1GB Laptop IDE HD
    Power Inverter with Mucha Shutdown controller

Check out my car!!
    Check out my website!!
    J-Body of Michigan (J-BOM)

BTW: The diagonal line down the middle of the screen is the protective plastic that is attached to the screen when shipped.
    System Stats:

Check out my car!!
    Check out my website!!

Comment

great pics! do more of other stuff running like video or games or GPS or winamp!

What do you think now? Give us a REVIEW! Glad you got it over a VGA?

Thanks for the pics.
      1998 Infiniti QX4

Comment

Thanks for the great pics....mine always suck....
        DigitalDub
        1200 mhz duron/ 384m pc133/ 6.4 gig for OS / 75 gig storage/ 32 meg Nvidia Geforce2 wit TV out / onboard sound / GPRS / 7" digitallww flip out / X10 Mouseremote / 255w inverter (temp)

Audio
        Nakamichi CD-45Z HU / Monsoon amp and 8 speakers

Comment

the output from explorer looks rather choppy, is it actually like that? or is it nice and sharp?
          IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

I'm just wondering.. i see a huge black border around the sides. Did you try fixing that?

the resolution looks awesome by the way.
            04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

Nice high quality pics! What more could we ask for...
              well erm...
              Could you please do some pics at 800x600 and then 1024x768 res please?
              Im just interested to know how the screen copes further up the scale (probably very well)

Dave

Comment

you REALLY need to shrink those pictures and put links to the big ones, that is HUGELY annoying to load them and view them every time we want to look at this thread.

Just make a 640x480 copy here and link to the fullres copy.
                IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

infinitiqx4:

Lets just say I'm glad I didn't shell out huge amounts of money for a VGA I'm very satisified with the quality.

Telek:

Unfortunately, the output looks like that. However, keep in mind that is the original size font for Windows XP. I didn't make it bigger than usual. If I made the font bigger for the picture, you wouldn't get a baseline look at what the monitor really does.

moahdib:

Like I said, I plugged the monitor into my desktop computer. I have no intention of correcting the signal coming out of my desktop computer. I'll start tweaking things once I get a hold of the EPIA-M thats going in my car. I have an All-In-Wonder 7500 in my desktop computer. The damn thing wouldn't even let me play an AVI correctly over my composite output! ATI Sucks. Enough said.

thenominous:

I'll see what I can do tonight. However, don't expect to be able to read text. I had the screen originally at 1024x768 when I first plugged it in and I couldn't read anything. I'm sure it would look wonderful for games or movies though.
                  System Stats:

Check out my car!!
                  Check out my website!!

Comment

Thanks a lot mate.
                    Im rather interested in these screens now that the touchscreens are coming too verses the Xenarc one.
                    I just cant stand 640x480 res

Dave

Comment

It doesn't make any sense to switch to a higher resolution, as the LCD can only do ntsc, which is around 720 x 480. If you do run at a higher res, you are relying on your video card to decide how to scale it down to ntsc. Some do a good job, most don't.

Twostep

Comment

It might be scaling down the resolution, but you are still going to see a 800x600 windows screen rather than a 640x480. That mean's everything will be smaller just as it is when you bump up the res on a monitor.
                        Open your display settings, change the res to 640x480 then go browse the web for half a hour. Now into 800x600 and do the same.
                        Come back to me once you've been converted

Dave

Comment

It is a totally different thing though. There are only so many pixels int the LCD, and going to a higher res just means you are going to be throwing some of them out.

It sounds like you aren't going to be convinced, but trust me, I have seen the results. 640x480 looks much better on a TV than 800x600. I have done it with many different video cards. I work for a company that does professional digital video software and hardware.

(and my home computer always runs 1600x1200 :-))

Twostep

Comment

Got two more for ya. The first one is 1024x768. The second one is 800x600:

You can find the big one HERE.

You can find the big one HERE.
                            System Stats:

Check out my car!!
                            Check out my website!!

Comment

It's better than I was expecting! Not bad at all...
                              Thanks for those, the last image link is wrong (but I found it tho).
                              I guess with the screen streched to full size, it would probalby just fine for me, rather than going for the xenarc.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X