Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS LCD, interference when music is loud, HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TS LCD, interference when music is loud, HELP!

    So I installed a Shark 8" TS LCD in my truck and was slowly building my stereo system at the same time. As soon as I installed the amp that was going to drive my 2 10" subwoofers, the LCD was getting this crazy interference.

    Everything was fine prior to installing my 2 subwoofers and the amp that powers them. Can anyone think of a reason this would cause interefernce issues with the LCD?

    When I say interference, I mean when a heavy bass note hits or the volume is cranked up there are these distorted lines that run horizontally across the screen. These lines get heavier the louder the volume is turned up and also go along with the music.

    There isnt any audio wiring close to the screen, everything is mouted a good 6" below it, including my external Creative X-fi USB sound card and the RCA's that plug into it.

    The thing that confuses me the most is the fact that there wasnt a bit of intereference prior to the subs and sub amap installation. I still had a fairly large amp powering my 4 door speakers hooked up with the same sound card etc.

    Im stumped, so if anyone can help me out here I would really appreciate it. Thanks! a

  • #2
    Your amp is pulling power from the rest of the car, causing power flux. with your screen. what size alternator, what kind of battery do you have and do you have a CAP?
    MY INSTAllS:

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by david69leonard View Post
      Your amp is pulling power from the rest of the car, causing power flux. with your screen. what size alternator, what kind of battery do you have and do you have a CAP?

      I will have to look into the models/sizes of the things in question. I believe everything is stock (alt, batteries). But my truck does have 2 fuctioning batteries in it. Im working with an '02 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD crew cab, and that model comes stock with 2 full size batteries.

      I dont have a cap, but do you think that would help?

      Is it drawing amp/current away from the LCD causing it do have that interference?

      Thanks for the input, Im completely ignorant when it comes to this type of thing, so any additional help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

      Comment


      • #4
        I just checked (or tried to check I should say) my alt and batteries.

        I have 2 AC Delco batteries that each have 580 CCA.

        The altenator is a Delphi Automotive and I believe from looking it up online that it puts out 130 amps.

        Hope this helps, and thanks again for the replies!

        Comment


        • #5
          How big is your amp? If its anything over 500W then i would use a cap... some of the people on this forum would tell you not to and that it is a "band aid fix" but unless you plan on replacing both of your stock batteries with optimas, thats what i would do. I had the same problem as you a couple of years ago and the problem was solved with a CAP.

          also to know for sure you are using too much power, its simple math 130 amps X 12V = 1560W total for whole vehicle with your current alternator
          MY INSTAllS:

          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by david69leonard View Post
            How big is your amp? If its anything over 500W then i would use a cap... some of the people on this forum would tell you not to and that it is a "band aid fix" but unless you plan on replacing both of your stock batteries with optimas, thats what i would do. I had the same problem as you a couple of years ago and the problem was solved with a CAP.

            also to know for sure you are using too much power, its simple math 130 amps X 12V = 1560W total for whole vehicle with your current alternator

            My amp(s) are as follows:

            1000 x 1 into my subs @ 1ohm
            175 x 4 into my (4) door speakers @ 4 ohms

            Just to ensure Im understanding this correctly, my screen is being depleted of power causing the distortion correct?

            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Thats definately what is causing it.

              Try just hooking up one of the subs, to see if it still has the same distortion, also how do you have your screen hooked up?
              MY INSTAllS:

              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by david69leonard View Post
                Thats definately what is causing it.

                Try just hooking up one of the subs, to see if it still has the same distortion, also how do you have your screen hooked up?
                The screen came with a car adapter that I cut the "cigarette lighter plug" off of and hooked the + side to a switched power wire that came out of the stock stereo wire loom. The remote wire for the 2 amps is also connected to this same wire. I connected the ground (-) side to the ground wire that came out of that same stereo loom. Other than that, it has a monitor cable that comes directly out of it that I have hooked into my PC and a USB cable that controls the touch screen that I also have connected to my PC.

                Thanks for the help!

                Comment

                Working...
                X