OEM 350z Navigation Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM 350z Navigation Install

Does anyone know what i would need to install an OEM navigation system in to my 2004 350z. If anyone has done this install it would really help if you could tell me how you went about dong it.

Originally posted by dadel001 View Post
    Does anyone know what i would need to install an OEM navigation system in to my 2004 350z. If anyone has done this install it would really help if you could tell me how you went about dong it.
    So I bought my 07 350 a few days ago and I've been interested in this as well. I searched for a bit on my350z.com, and it's a real pain in the @ss. You basically have to tear the car down to the metal (possibly to reach some harnesses), and put in a ton of work on top of that to get a decent install. No one recommended doing it, and all said that a car pc was a much better option. Take that for what it's worth :shrug: But if you want to search some more, check out my350z.com's forums.

Comment

This is a tough question to get answered here (most people are doing car pc's on this site rather than oem systems). Based on the complexity you'd be better off installing a car pc into the car since the factory parts could cost you close to double what a really nice install would end up running. If you're interested in just a nice aftermarket navigation option there are several forums out there devoted to installing those. Good luck with the install, it's a fun project to have.
      Nick - 08 GG Element
      Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by dadel001 View Post
        About $5000 just to run navigate. More if you want to add an aftermarket device to just run DVD's.

Not sure, but I think I priced most of it here and on e-bay. It's really much cheaper and A LOT more versatile to go with a car pc and mock nissan front end.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasit...008-c-714.html
        My opinion is my own.

Comment

What Dan said.

The factory Nav is not all that great anyhow. If you are not interested in a carPC, then get one of the integrated Nav/CD player things, like the Avic N1 or the like.
          2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
          Core Duo CarPC
          CarDomain page

Comment

for what it's worth, my infiniti has the stock nav already, but it's medocre at best... I just moved it overhead & put a pc in the dash anyway.

to retrofit nav to non nav is crazy work, you need to replace the head unit, then theres a seperate nav unit, theres a seperate av box in the right side of the dash, all your harnesses are different... only way it would be practical or sane would be with a complete donor vehice & even then it's a huge project. not worth it, you'd be better off selling your car & buying one with nav if you had to have it really...
            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
            X