Lilliput cable. Just wires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput cable. Just wires?

Sorry for dumb question, just wanted to make sure..

For my install I'm getting VGA to Liili control board directly bypassing connectors. I will solder wires directly to Lilliput.

I already checked all pins and know where it goes, just wanted to make sure that soldering wires will work. I get about 0.3Ohm on each wire using my DMM. Is it OK to do it like that?

I did it, and used one of these.

http://www.btx.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=CD-HD15MEZBR&Category=f6473ea2-cf13-452e-9e55-65bfe2be344f%20&ReturnUrl=~/Default.aspx

Just keep in mind that there is touchscreen cables there too, not just VGA...
    2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
    [----------] 100%
    Purchasing:
    [----------] 90%
    Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
    [----------] 90%

Comment

There should be no problem soldering the appropriate pins off a VGA cable and a USB cable and connect them to the PC. If you use something like the above post, you won't have to deal with the thick 15-conductor VGA cable when you're only using 5 of them...

CarPC v2.5 up and running - all hardware installed, skin configured, and iG tweaked like crazy. Now for OBD-II, and voice control, and camera plugin, and... :nutz: - it never ends!

Comment

All done, worked great. Considering that I have Nano-ITX board - there was no need for big connectors

Comment

can you post us some pics? Sounds great.

Dont you run a higher chance of interference with just wiring with wires instead of a shielded full cable?
          '02 GTI
          [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
          [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
          [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
          [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
          Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Originally posted by judoGTI View Post
            can you post us some pics? Sounds great.

Dont you run a higher chance of interference with just wiring with wires instead of a shielded full cable?
            Wire still shielded. I only have 1/2 inch or so of exposed wires. But that's not a problem. I don't see any problem with picture, maybe it's even better because whole cable from MB to the LCD control board is less then 10 inches.

I don't have connector as-is on Nano-itx motherboard, it's just this tiny pins. I had VGA lead that connects to MB and big ugly VGA connector on other end. So, I just cut connector off and then soldered wires straight into LCD board (I desoldered LCD connector first). I also did USB connection same way.

On picture it's black wire on top. You also see white wire - it's Video 1 lead for future use with backup camera.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X