Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchkit problem

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with Touchkit recognizing their touchscreen being plugged into a USB port? Upon searching I found a bunch of threads regarding the touchscreen controller's functionality itself -- I don't believe that's my problem at all though, rather just getting the touchkit to recognize that my touch panel is actually plugged into the USB port. I say that the touch controller itself is not broken because I had it working last week... but I unplugged everything from it and powered the carPC down while I relocated it within the car. After I plugged everything back in, the touchscreen failed to work. Whether or not I plugged the USB back into the same port that touchkit had it assigned to I'm not sure. But since it didn't work initially after the move, I tried all other ports and have been un and re-installing the drivers ever since with no luck. Is there any sort of combination or trick to getting it to work right without thinking that the mouse I have plugged in is the touch controller (it did that once or twice)? I've tried it with the mouse plugged into a USB port and with it plugged into a PS/2 port with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    1995 AWD Tsi Talon

Intel D945GCLF
    M2-ATX
    2GB Corsair
    30GB OCZ SSD
    BU-353
    Lilliput EBY-701
    Logitech DiNovo Mini
    LSX VOID 3.3

No one?
    1995 AWD Tsi Talon

Intel D945GCLF
    M2-ATX
    2GB Corsair
    30GB OCZ SSD
    BU-353
    Lilliput EBY-701
    Logitech DiNovo Mini
    LSX VOID 3.3

Comment

drivers?

Comment

I'm using the same ones that I used when I had it working before
        1995 AWD Tsi Talon

Intel D945GCLF
        M2-ATX
        2GB Corsair
        30GB OCZ SSD
        BU-353
        Lilliput EBY-701
        Logitech DiNovo Mini
        LSX VOID 3.3

Comment

Try reinstalling the drivers. In some cases i have seen with some USB devices, the protocol that designates the location of the device, as far as wiring through which ports or through a hub, may not have been reinitiallized when you changed the port.
          For example, I have the turtle beach advantage micro usb sound-dongle. If I unplug it while shutdown, move it over one plug and restart, before I can be used again I have to reinitallize it, but I have to do it manually which they have set through the taskbar icon.
          "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
          "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
          [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

I've tried reinstalling the drivers a few times with no luck. I feel like theres a trick to get it working with my particular setup. I guess I'm just gonna have to mess with it some more unless anyone has any other suggestions.
            1995 AWD Tsi Talon

Intel D945GCLF
            M2-ATX
            2GB Corsair
            30GB OCZ SSD
            BU-353
            Lilliput EBY-701
            Logitech DiNovo Mini
            LSX VOID 3.3

Comment

Working...
            X