7' Whardale lcd does not work with fx5500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7' Whardale lcd does not work with fx5500

Can anyone help me please. I bought a WHLCD07 7' screen in SA. It is Wharfdale screen with resolution of 1440x600. I also have a Starsound ssdvd-9000 front loader in my car which works 100% with the screen. I build a carpc or testing. it has 1gb ram and a Nvidea FX5500 256MB graphics card. I can use the normal crt screen. I plug in the s-video connector and the software picks up that a tv is conected (lcd). But it does not show anything... When I try to do custom resolution with the nvidea control panel, it always fails.. Can anyone help me with this problem.

Thanx...

Have you set the video card's S-Video output as the primary output?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanx for the reply... I have done that without any success except hat I could not control my pc from the main crt monitor. I tried all the settings from clonning to individual screen setups.... How can I find out all the specs on the monitor?. Is there a program that can tell me this even if it canot display on the screen?...

Comment

1440*600 uh? sounds like a 480*600 to me.
        Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Comment

Wharfedale Car 7 LCD WHLCD7

DESCRIPTION
          In Car 7" LCD

Features
          Resolution 1440x600
          Dash Mount Stand
          PAL/NTSC System
          Full Function Remote Control

Comment

Yeah, if it is svideo input, then there is no way that it is really 1440x600.
            Probably they are using the lie that most car LCD manufacturers use in listing resolution by sub-pixel count - ohhhh there's red, green and blue in each pixel, so thats 3 X 480 = 1440.

Dean

Comment

Thanx Dean.. So what will it be then 480x200 ?.

Comment

Working...
              X