Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any double din touch screens available yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any double din touch screens available yet?

I've been away for a while and I'm noticing that there still are not many double din screen options available. There were a few that were in development, but they seam to have gone away. Are there any good solutions out there aside form custom fab? I have several PC options that I could use, just no screen.
    Nick - 08 GG Element
    Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/729

but it is ... a bit expensive :/
    Carputer based on eee box pc.
    Current status: moving! Older carputer version: photo I | photo II

Comment

I remember when that screen came out. It seamed to be popular for a while then faded out. It's interesting to see that they are doing a pc in it now though. Pretty cool. I know of several other companies working on similar things (the Azentek/Guru is cool, but too pricey for me). I used to have an EBY701 a year or so back but I was hoping for something more integrated this time.
      Nick - 08 GG Element

Comment

I came here look to ask the same question.

Is there a double din touchscreen display with a DVD player built in. With the PC mounted elsewhere in the car, there is no need for a in-dash PC.

The one linked to is what I am after but that is damn expensive with the Aussie Dollar being so low at the moment.

Are there any other examples?

Mick

Comment

i use the lilliput EBY701 in its case and have it crammed into my DD radio location. i bought a DD LCD froma from bybyte.com to play guinne pig with. it was total crap. not made for the 701 as advertised. oh well just 16 bux wasted. it happens. but there is a new one i was just emailed about made by bybyte. its abs plastic and the instructions show it is made for this exact screen and board sold today. looks like a winner to me. i am going to once again play guinne pig for it.

Comment

^Interested in results, please keep us updated.

Comment

This does look a lot nicer than the stamped metal part. It even looks like the screen screws to the new frame. Is that correct? If it does, I'll reuse my old stuff and get one of those.
              Nick - 08 GG Element

Comment

i believe it does. it was said that you can remove the screen many times without damage. guess he saw the posts on here about the screen being a bit off when being placed on the double stick tape and then the screen being basically destroyed when trying to remove it.

Comment

Some interesting updates on the bybyte screen housing (only the newest 701's fit - the ones with led back lighting). I'm still searching for a 'more OEM' solution. In the new car my wife won't settle for a EBY701 stuck in the double din hole with some trim around it.
                  Nick - 08 GG Element

Comment

Working...
                  X