Touchscreen Monitor Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen Monitor Issue

I am using a SHK1040 and need some help with the audio. Audio works fine when on Input 1 or Input 2 (video), however it goes away when on VGA Input.

Any help would be appriciated.

We are hooking this up to an onboard micro PC.

I assume no one else has this issue?

It has done it on all 3 screen ordered so I am assuming its a function from the factory.

Comment

What does the audio have to do with the touchscreen?
      Ampie Case
      2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
      Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
      Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

I am using the LCD Touchscreen as a standard monitor with a Windows XP Pro micro PC. The LCD Touchscreen has embedded speakers for audio input. When on Video Input 1 or Video Input 2 the internal speakers work perfect, however when switched to the VGA Input the speakers are not functioning. I purchased at www.gooddeals18.com and went to them for support. They directed me to this forum, thus I posted the question.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Comment

Do you mean the audio doesnt sound out from the LCD screen or from your other audio system.

We need a bit more information about your current system.

Comment

OK,

LCD Touchscreen conneced to VGA output of PC. Also conned to Audio Output of PC.

You can hear PC audio (windows startup/shutdown sounds) thru the embedded speakers on the LCD Touchscreen only when it is on Video Input 1 or video Input 2. When you switch to VGA Video Input it permantally mutes the embedded spreakers in the LCD Touchscreen.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Comment

That's because you're switching to VGA input which has no corresponding audio inputs. On my Xenarc I believe there are 3 sets of inputs..
              1. red/white/yellow - audio and video
              2. red/white/yellow - audio and video
              3. VGA - video

You can't use the video from VGA and the audio from a Video 2 input.

*this is assuming I know what I'm talking about which may be incorrect.
              Ampie Case
              2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
              Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Working...
              X