Current state of the 800x480 issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current state of the 800x480 issue?

I have an old Xenarc 700TSV and a Via EPIA M10000 running at 800x600. I did some searches to see if anyone has had recent success with 800x480 and found some people are reportedly running at 800x480 using ATI & Nvidia graphics cards. Has anyone been able to successfully get 800x480 to work correctly on a Xenarc 700TSV with a newer Via embedded board (mini-itx or smaller)?

Originally posted by Mears View Post
    I have an old Xenarc 700TSV and a Via EPIA M10000 running at 800x600. I did some searches to see if anyone has had recent success with 800x480 and found some people are reportedly running at 800x480 using ATI & Nvidia graphics cards. Has anyone been able to successfully get 800x480 to work correctly on a Xenarc 700TSV with a newer Via embedded board (mini-itx or smaller)?
    You dont need a graphics card just an IGP. You can get a nvid mini-itx board quite cheaply. It will take less effort than trying to make something work from a company who will not support you.
    My Install

Comment

Not to hijack anything here but a quick question? WHY is everyone so obsessed with 800X480? I run 800X600 and it fits just fine, is big enough to read etc..What is the big advantage that everyone strives for this resolution???

Comment

Umm the physical resolution of most of the touchscreens is 800x480. So, in theory, the displays should look a lot better if the video card outputs at that resolution.

Dean

Comment

In practice, the difference is very small. I've run mine at both resolutions but ended up going with a laptop that can't do 480. I's really a non-issue, IMO.

Comment

It just depends on the user. I ran at 800x600 for awhile mainly b/c I wanted better resolution, but it was definitely far inferior to running native res for me. It will depend on other factors like what software and skin you use though.
            My Install

Comment

Working...
            X