So many screens!!!???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many screens!!!???

I am getting all the parts together to install my first CarPC. I want to get a touch screen that can be retracted into the dash. I dont know what there called, but they look like a regular cd player, and the screen goes in and out. I would like to spend arround $200 on it. Can anyone tell me what a good one to get in this price range would be?

Any help would be great!
    My 2007 Jeep Wrangler Worklog

Originally posted by capcadetjc View Post
    I am getting all the parts together to install my first CarPC. I want to get a touch screen that can be retracted into the dash. I dont know what there called, but they look like a regular cd player, and the screen goes in and out. I would like to spend arround $200 on it. Can anyone tell me what a good one to get in this price range would be?

Any help would be great!
    They are indash units.

For the carPC you need one that is VGA input and has USB touchscreen.

$200 will get you a double din 7" or 8" screen not molded to anything, not made to fit in the car like a regular screen that most use.

You need $400 to even start considering indash units.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Does double din mean it will retract into the dash? Like it will just look like cd player? If so, thats what I want
      My 2007 Jeep Wrangler Worklog

Comment

No, it looks like a screen. Just a regular screen.

Like this:

If you want one that retracts it is called an indash unit. Those are way over your budget
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

actually i got a cheep and cheerful one made in hong kong for about $230US + shipping

these are not the most stunning build quality, but mine still goes after a year, the retracting mechanism is well made at least and ive had no issues with that.
          picture quality is quite good, and touch screen is pretty damn reliable and accurate. it looks a bit plastic
          I pulled mine apart a few weeks back to get rid of a case rattle which was bugging the hell out of me, and that was a matter of glueing a bit of cloth or something over a point where to bits of plastic inside were touching.

not that great in bright sunlight, but i think most screens are not that great anyway in teh same conditions.

Avoid the motorised ones too, i would recommend dont get them, as you have very limited control of the screen when its out. the manual one you can tilt and pivot quite a bit which is great for getting rid of glare etc.

http://www.b-billion.com/index.php3?function=list&id=63

Comment

Working...
          X