Question to armen or anyone who's opened up the TM 701

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to armen or anyone who's opened up the TM 701

I'm about to revamp a little part of my system and had a (maybe) brilliant idea. It might not even be possible but lets see.

I want to stick my IRMAN receiver as close to the screen as possible. Televisions with remotes have programmed us to automaticly point the remote @ the screen right? I was wondering if I could take the sensor off of the IRMAN board and attach leads to the IR sensor of the TM 701. They would run in conjunction with each other. My thinking is that both would get the signals from whichever remote I use (included remote or my Creative PC Remote) but would only recognize the signals that each was programmed for. Like the IRMAN would get signals from the screens remote, but would do nothing as nothing is porgrammed for that particular code and vice versa.

IRMAN------------\
    ---------IR Sensor of TM701L
    TM701L----------/

What do you guys think? Possible?

I'm trying not to open up the TM701L rught now as I'm waiting for a touch overlay and don't want to be tempted to do anything that might hinder the touchscreen install.

All opinions welcome.

It will most likely work. I don't see any problem with what you are trying to do...tell us if it works.

Comment

I just looked and it looks like the space where sensor sits is very tight so you want be able to attach it directly to the sensor. But there is a lot of room in that vicinity. If you mount the your sensor about .5" to the left and route the necessary wires to the TM's sensor there is a lot of room there. You will need to drill an additional hole for it though.

Armen.
      http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Actually Armen, what I was talking about was hooking an additional set of leads to the existing IR sensor in the TM 701L. Those leads would go to the controller board of the IRMAN. Does this still sound feasible?

Comment

Whatever you do, just remember that the IRman doesn't use IR LEDs as sensors, it uses an IR receiver module instead.

Comment

I would just do my best to get the irman sensor in the same vacinity
            aka Kumaneko
            "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
            Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
            mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
            Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Here is a pic of the sensor and if you need to mount the IR receiver module you have a 1"x.75"x.5" space to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
                Actually Armen, what I was talking about was hooking an additional set of leads to the existing IR sensor in the TM 701L. Those leads would go to the controller board of the IRMAN. Does this still sound feasible?
                Since the IRMAN gets its 5V from the serial port, you might want to try adding just 2 wires: one for ground and another one for data.

Comment

mp3hombre ...Good call Also, look at the pic above. That's a receiver correct?

digitalww... THANKS for the pic. That helps me a lot. Drop me an email when the new screen has gone out. Thanks!

Comment

IIRC you wont need the ground wire?!? just the data one.

Dave

Comment

anyone else? I'm trying not to fry anything here Of course this will all be on hold till I get my new TM-701L.

To anyone else who's ordered. How long does it generally take from ordering to getting it? I'm not sure how Armen ships them.

Comment

Just sent you a tracking #. You will probably get it on Monday.

Armen

Comment

Well thanks for answering. I wasn't going to PM or email ya as I'm sure you get tons already.

And Monday? Hell yeah. I appreciate the fast turnaround man. Keep me posted on the touch overlay. Youo've defiantley got one order here.

Hey have you considered a pre-order? I'd really like to secure a slot for the first batch.

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
                            Well thanks for answering. I wasn't going to PM or email ya as I'm sure you get tons already.

And Monday? Hell yeah. I appreciate the fast turnaround man. Keep me posted on the touch overlay. Youo've defiantley got one order here.

Hey have you considered a pre-order? I'd really like to secure a slot for the first batch.
                            No problem

I already have your info so whenever I get them in I'll process your order. You won't miss it

Armen

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
                              mp3hombre ...Good call Also, look at the pic above. That's a receiver correct?

digitalww... THANKS for the pic. That helps me a lot. Drop me an email when the new screen has gone out. Thanks!
                              Yes, it is!

Comment

Working...
                              X