Lilliput screen wont turn on :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput screen wont turn on :(

The screen is about two years old or so, I believe it is a lilliput 619. Anyways, I had my carputer on today and I wasnt doing, not even playing music and so the screensaver came on and then it looked as if the screen went into powersave or something, it just turned off/went to sleep. So i figured if i press something itll turn back on like when the screensaver is on. Nothing happened, the screen is still blank. I tried restarting the computer, still nothing. The touchscreen functions just fine, so Im guessing its the vga cable? Or is it actually in sleep mode or something?

Try to hook the screen up to another computer, then you can isolate whether if it is the screen or the computer thats causing the problem. Post the results so we can be of more help.

Comment

are you getting nothing, or an "out of range" error?
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Nothing is displayed on the screen.

Comment

Video card maybe?
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

Comment

Its onboard, but if it did fail, wouldnt the computer not even boot? I know whenever one of my desktops video card died, my computer stopped booting up.

The carputer boots up, perfectly fine. Everything works the only problem is I cant see anything...im calling it ipod shuffle mode

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_jon View Post
              Its onboard, but if it did fail, wouldnt the computer not even boot? I know whenever one of my desktops video card died, my computer stopped booting up.

The carputer boots up, perfectly fine. Everything works the only problem is I cant see anything...im calling it ipod shuffle mode
              If there was no video coming out of the PC, you would get an out of range error on the lilliput. Hook up a CRT and see what happens.

It sounds like a problem with the lilliput itself. Maybe a connector came loose or it shorted out or something like that. But nothing displaying at all ever, is a sign of a bad screen.
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

so good news...it was exactly what I thought, the screen is perfectly fine, it just went to sleep...Im pretty sure this happened to me before and it fixed itself, just like it did this time. I just didnt turn it on for a day or two and I turned it on today, figuring it wouldnt be working and to my surprise it was working fine. So yay! lol

Comment

Strange! I hope the 629 I'm planning to get doesn't do this to me. I need my tunes man!
                  2007 Camry Altise In-dash Car PC

Comment

Working...
                  X