Non touch LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non touch LCD

Been looking for a non-touch LCD for awhile and can't really find exactly what I'm looking for. I want something that is around 8", although 10" is fine as well, and needs to have VGA input. I've found about a million screens that size, but nothing that is high resolution enough, at least 800 x 600.

So if anyone knows of something with these specs, I'd greatly appreciate a link.

JVJ vision
    Slovenia, Europe
    best on-line radio

Comment

you could always buy a touchscreen monitor, then simply remove the touchpanel from it.
      F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
      Fusion Carputer [2.0]
      Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFanatic View Post
        you could always buy a touchscreen monitor, then simply remove the touchpanel from it.
        I'm not too concerned with it being a touchscreen, just was hoping to save money by not buying a touch, as I don't really need one.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I just found this on ebay, look good?

Comment

that monitor is fine. many of us (myself included) use the EBY701.

are you using this for a carPC or for something else? if you don't want a touchscreen, then what will you be using to control the PC?
            F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
            Fusion Carputer [2.0]
            Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Ya it's being used for a carpc, but I'm making my own center console, and will be fiberglassing in a trackball, and possibly one of the Griffin control knobs in the mp3car store.

I don't plan on running a frontend, just booting into windows and fullscreening either WMP or iTunes, so the lack of touch isn't really going to be an issue, just seems to be hard to find a non-touch that has the resolution I need, so I've resigned myself to just buying a touch.

Comment

if u move up a bit larget like 12 inch u can find a bunch casue these were the first sizes to be made for PC's that were lcd . went with a 15 inch b/c it was free but there are a bunch i saw for under 70 on ebay.

Comment

- -Try TView's line of VGA raw monitors. There 11.2" uses a Sharp LCD in it.- -
                  - -Take a good look at yourself while at the computer, if your in a t-shirt and talking [email protected] on the internet. Chances are you fall in the "Internet Tough Guy" catagory.- -

Comment

Subie, I thought about going that big, but it just won't fit under my dash, as the space between the bottom of the dash and the floor of the car is very small because the trans tunnel sticks up from the floor quite a lot.

Jfive96, I'll try looking into the TView monitors, thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X