gooddeals18.com screen, powering it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gooddeals18.com screen, powering it

Nice a forward title. I got the 8 inch screen from gooddeals18.com and I am now trying to figure out how to power it. Currently it is powered by its wall adapter. I have the m2-atx would I power that off of it, or what do I power it with?

what does the wall adapter say that the output is? If it outputs 12VDC to the screen then you can power it off the M2

Comment

Yes it says 12v/2a but how would I power it from the M2-ATX? Both of the molex connectors are occupied with my dvd drive and harddrive? Is there like a splitter molex connector I should look into?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggie View Post
        Yes it says 12v/2a but how would I power it from the M2-ATX? Both of the molex connectors are occupied with my dvd drive and harddrive? Is there like a splitter molex connector I should look into?
        it didnt come with a car apater? Yes there is a Molex Splitter. http://buyextras.com/powsplitcab4.html
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

A y-adapter like linked above should do the trick for you, Cut the yellow wire to get your 12V and a black wire for ground, and extend them to the monitor. You should be able to cut the barrel connector and splice it together with the power+ground that you just extended then you will have a plug-n-play setup for powering the monitor in the car. This is how my 10.4" shark is powered, off my OPUS 320w works great.
          2005 Ford F-350 crew cab 4x4 6.0L SRW LWB

Planning:
          [|||||||||-] 95%
          Parts Aquisition:
          [||||||----] 60%
          Install:
          [|||||||||-] 90%

Finally getting Built

Comment

Working...
          X