No announcement yet.

digital photoframes as screens

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital photoframes as screens

please help me, i would like to know that the digital touchscreens as on can be used like screens for car computers or not?

Not without some serious hacking involved.
    I expect that these are comparatively low-rez screens, very much like the screens used in headrest TV monitors and the like.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

for that price, just get the usb Mimo 7" monitors. i just got the non-touch version for $130. they got a touch version with webcam/mic for $199. i installed mine in the headrest, looks great. powered through the usb cable. very bright and clear picture. not sure about sunlight yet. no dual video card needed. an extended desktop gives you lots of options like playing videos only in the back while using gps up front. worked well like that with Centrafuse.
      2007 Mini Cooper eee PC worklog

possibly if u get one with a vga input or s-video input

I would warn that these are low res cheap displays. They are designed for static pictures. They most likely would ghost and shadow and generally look pretty bad while playing any sort of motion. so I would avoid it.

here is one with s-video:

Originally posted by lacning74 View Post
          for that price, just get the usb Mimo 7" monitors.
          I bet that would work well for a speedometer/ odometer. Ill have to keep it in mind

You'll have to solder a DSUB connector to the motherboard if the pins even exist.
            Ampie Case
            2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
            Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
            Intel D945GCLF Motherboard

2005 Honda Civic

These screens are made to be used indoors and may be less than half the brightness of the cheapest real carpc screens.