No announcement yet.

How many touchscreens can 1 PC handle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many touchscreens can 1 PC handle?

Currently my setup has 4 touchscreens, which dont seem to be a problem for the software. From my reading, it can support up to 6 touchscreen. I plan on going ahead and adding 4 more to my install. Is this even possible? Maybe I can hack 4 of the screens to work as one unit, like have them share USB touch controllers? Any ideas would be great. Thanx in advance!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

i have no clue, but where are all your screens mounted that you have so many? im assuming you have it in a show car?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomBy View Post
      i have no clue, but where are all your screens mounted that you have so many? im assuming you have it in a show car?
      That is my eventual goal, but im trying to go for a OEM look.... Three screens in the front, 3 in the second row, and 2 in the third row. Basically the front three are the HU screen for NAV, OBD2, basically vital stuff, then one for the passenger and driver, for movies and stuff. Then 2 in the back of the headrests, then on the roof a purposed 19 inch that will replace my 15 inch. Then in the pillars behind the second row will go one on each side for the 3 rd row.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

HiJackZX1, your project sounds insane and i for one would actually really like to see some pictures of that when it's up.

based on my experience, how are you going to get a VGA signal to 6 screens? most small form factor boards have a maximum of 2 VGA/DVI outputs. Then configuring touchscreen (so that each passenger can simultaneously interact with their monitor) might pose as another problem. how do you plan to get around that?

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
          Currently my setup has 4 touchscreens, which don't seem to be a problem for the software. From my reading, it can support up to 6 touchscreen. I plan on going ahead and adding 4 more to my install. Is this even possible? Maybe I can hack 4 of the screens to work as one unit, like have them share USB touch controllers? Any ideas would be great. Thanx in advance!
          which software are you using?
          are you talking about the mimo touchscreen?

Comment

Originally posted by si_romin View Post
            HiJackZX1, your project sounds insane and i for one would actually really like to see some pictures of that when it's up.

based on my experience, how are you going to get a VGA signal to 6 screens? most small form factor boards have a maximum of 2 VGA/DVI outputs. Then configuring touchscreen (so that each passenger can simultaneously interact with their monitor) might pose as another problem. how do you plan to get around that?
            I am using powered VGA splitters, 2 of them to be exact. I tried using normal splitters but for every screen you connect you loose quality, so I had to use 2 powered VGA splitter, both are 4 ports so I have them daisy chained together. The HU screen is connected to the VGA port, while the other 7 screens are connected to the VGA splitters which are then connected to a DVI-D port. I am wondering if maybe I can tie 2 touch panels to one controller. So say for example I have 2 screens in the front, I would run wires from one touch controller to 2 panels, I wonder how that would work and if I would over load anything.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by anam_funny View Post
              which software are you using?
              are you talking about the mimo touchscreen?
              No, the MiMo uses a special dedicated touchscreen software. It only works with the MiMo, and no other software will work with the MiMo.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Well the touchscreen feature shouldn't have a limit. You can use loads of mice on one PC. I think there is something like 26 screens XP can handle at once. You need seperate graphics cards though.

I remember reading an article on it. 26 seems a lot though, just a number that rings a bell. I'm probably wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Josho View Post
                  Well the touchscreen feature shouldn't have a limit. You can use loads of mice on one PC. I think there is something like 26 screens XP can handle at once. You need seperate graphics cards though.

I remember reading an article on it. 26 seems a lot though, just a number that rings a bell. I'm probably wrong though.
                  Yes, screens you have have lots of, infact with VGA splitters, the number is limitless, now if your trying to display different things on each screen, then that a different story. You are correct, you can connect as many human interface devices as you want, but in the case with touchscreens, you have to specify what touch panel does what on what screen. I think the limit of the driver software is 6, so 2 screens will have to be combined, or maybe the software will allow me to do 7. Im just going to have to wait till I can connect the screens.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

what about getting touchscreens that use a different driver?

Comment

It wouldn't matter how many drivers there are. There is only one touch screen the way the computer sees it. If two people have the touch screen at the same time, they will be fighting for control. I would throw another computer in there just because of this fact. I wouldn't want a little kid in the back seat moving the mouse around all day either.
                      Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
                      planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
                      parts___[++++++----] around 60%
                      install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

Originally posted by Haystack View Post
                        It wouldn't matter how many drivers there are. There is only one touch screen the way the computer sees it. If two people have the touch screen at the same time, they will be fighting for control. I would throw another computer in there just because of this fact. I wouldn't want a little kid in the back seat moving the mouse around all day either.
                        No, it sees it as different screens. Problem is it only sees up to a maximum amount of them. So So the 7th would just be assigned to a screen that it wants and I wouldn't be able to calibrate. Also the front and rear have their own controls, so the back cannot control the front, unless the front authorizes it. This is done via Centrafuse. My SUV is more themed to a adult audience, so if an adult does try to fight with other rear seat occupants, well guess what, he's going to be walking to his destination.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                        X