No announcement yet.

Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen - No Input Signal

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen - No Input Signal

    Hey all....

    I just got home from Iraq and purchased a bunch of stuff to make a CarPC in my new 06 Lincoln LS. I built a Mini-ITX computer and was going to have ((Lilliput 629 7" VGA Touchscreen 629GL-70NP LED Backlight)) as the screen. My friend and I installed everything in the last 3 days and everything works EXCEPT the touchscreen. When it boots, I get a blue screen that says No Input Signal. I tried changing inputs from PC/Video1/Video2, even tried hooking the screen up to other laptops and even a dvd-player via RCA to see if it was just the vga that was busted. I also tried using a VGA-DVI connector and still no luck. The CarPC works flawlessly. I ran an extension cable out to my car last night and plugged in a 15" dell flatscreen and we formatted the CarPC with Vista, which runs flawlessly. We tried installing the drivers for the screen and it still did not work. I'm completely at a loss here as to how I can get it working . The sucky thing is that I'm only home for another 2 weeks before I go back to Camp Lejeune and away from my friend who knows like 1000x as much as I do about this stuff (hes sadly stumped as well).

    Anyway, if anyone has any advice for me or anything that might help make my screen detect my computer, please let me know.

    Thanks for your time.


  • #2

    sorry for the double post, but i found the solution (for me at least).

    with the lilliput 7" 629 touchscreen, the VGA/USB dongle that it comes with is the problem. The board has a trapezoid connector with 14 pins that latches on, and has a "screw-on" 9 pin connector on the other end, which connects the VGA/USB+RCA input cables to it. The "screw-on" 9 pin connector does not allow the inner wires to make contact, only 2 of the 9 pins would beep out with my friends multimeter. He cut the "screw-on" connector apart and physically connected all 9 pins and bam, it works. Here's a picture of the thing im talking about.

    I really hope this helps everyone else who's having this problem. My friend is a genius with this kinda stuff, it didn't take him long to figure it out after we dismantled the whole thing....which I was hesitant to do after how long it took to initially install it.

    Here are some random pics I took of the install. Of note, if anyone buys the pre-mounted Lilliput 7" 629 touchscreen with the double-din kit and wants to install it in a 2006 Lincoln LS, you MUST cut off the back of the double-din with a dremmel or something to make it fit.

    Oh, and if anyone cares to know the specs on my build, here they are:

    Mobo- ZOTAC GF8200-C-E AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Mini ITX
    CPU- AMD Sempron LE-1250 Sparta 2.2GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor
    RAM- 2x CORSAIR XMS2 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory
    CPU Cooler- SILVERSTONE NT07-AM2 80mm CPU Cooler (Low Profile)
    HDD- SUPER TALENT MasterDrive OX FTM32GL25H 2.5" 32GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD)
    Bluetooth Dongle- cirago BTA-3210 USB 2.0 Micro Bluetooth Dongle support Bluetooth 2.1
    Case- Morex 5677 Mini-ITX Case w/ 2.5" HDD Mount with PSU
    PSU- M3-ATX 125 Watt - Smart Automotive Power Supply
    Monitor- Double Din Bolt in Kit with the 7" 629 Lilliput Touchscreen
    GPS- BU-353 Weather-proof GPS Receiver

    I think thats about it, anyway, heres the install pics :P. will post more later i guess. Hope this helps everyone.


    • #3
      HEY! I have the EXACT same problem, can you take pics of what wire was cut and how it was connected? I really need to fix this and would really appreciate it.


      • #4

        Basically, the screw-on connector has a 2 parts that connect, the male and the female. Once they are pushed together and connected, you screw the thing down tight. The problem is, when I connected them and tightened it, the wires inside were not actually touching. This is why my stuff did not work. What we did was use a knife and cut away at the plastic covering at the end of the female connector to expose the metal underneath it. Once we removed the plastic posterior and connected it again, it was able to make a tighter fit and the inner wires connected together properly. I don't have the pictures at the moment, I'll need to get a cable for my camera so I can scoop the photos off of it. Anyway, I really hope this helps and I apologize for the delay.

        Cheers bud, best of luck to you.