No announcement yet.

VGA and RCA... Confusing....

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA and RCA... Confusing....

Hi !
    I know I should buy a lcd ts monitor with VGA but most of the monitor I found over the web as also RCA in description. I feel like I'm going to buy a RCA monitor with a VGA converter or something similar. What I should look for exactly to don't get screwed ?
    This is a exemple of lcd i'm talking about
    7 inches headrest/desktop car TFT-LCD monitor with touch screen for car PC
    Display size: 7.0 inches (16:9), screen: New digital Panasonic TFT-LCD
    Physical resolution: 800 x 480 RGB, highest resolution: 1024 x 768 formatted
    Visual angle: 40(l), 30(u), brightness: 400 , contrast: 250
    AV chromatic system: PAL/NTSC (auto switch)
    Working power: 11.5V to 13V DC (900mA), electronic consumption: <10W
    Operation temperature: -20 to 60 degrees Celsius
    Four wires resistive touch-screen interface (USB port)
    Standard VGA input (15 pin D-SUB ) can match with PC, GPS and security systems
    Two RCA video input can match with VCD, DVD and camera
    Built-in speaker optional (USD7 more)
    PC operation system: Windows XP, CE/UNIX, ME and 2000

Thank you

Most monitors have VGA input and RCA input. Some have 2 RCA inputs and 1 VGA input. Some (I think a Xenarc) has a DVI input even.

Anyways, as long as the screen accepts VGA input, it is fine. Make sure the native resolution is 640x480 or higher. 800x480 is a great resolution for the car as the screen above. Although I have never heard of that brand, I am sure it is just a rebranded lilliput.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the Store

It says in the product description that it takes VGA - 15 pin, D-sub connector. That's the right description.

If it's new and less than $250, though, check it out very, very carefully.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Thank you for your answers
        Will post pic of the project in the appropriate section in few weeks / months / years