No announcement yet.

Brightest LCD with M1023

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brightest LCD with M1023

I was just wondering what the brightest 10.4" LCD is that will work with the M1023 Rev E (AllenRuble Controller)?

I have done a search around, but have found nothing specific relating to screen brighness. The only thing I have found is is a LQ10D421 at 300nit.

Does anyone know of a brighter one that is compatible with this controller? What panel does Datalux use in their 500nit models?

I would really appreciate some help with this one, as a 200nit (LP104V1) just isn't going to cut it in the New Zealand sun!

I have the M1023 working with my Sharp LQ104V1DG11, 350 nits.

Speaking of, one thing I noticed was that when I finally put it in my dash, the thing lit up the inside of my dash as much as the inside of the car. All that wasted light!!! What I did was, take some aluminum tape and tape over the entire back of the LCD, covering all of the holes . That way, the light that normally escapes through the rear of the LCD is reflected out of the front!

Thats not bad SuperMatty, but from your earlier posts, you say it does not fit into the Datalux housing. I was hoping to keep it all neatly inside the housing.

How about an LQ10D421. Does anyone know if it will fit into a Datalux LMV10R housing? According to Allen it should work with the controller, but does it fit???

Anyone know?

And you fella, are by far the most impressive member I have seen so far with only 12 posts. Simply because you searched THANKS!