• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ;-) for monitor choosing

A few weeks ago I started designing my first carpc;
    I'm working on a Nissan Qashqai +2;
    I am now investigating about the monitor;
    I do not want to spend too much but I would not re-buy it immediately, I wanted to be a help to choose a model that has:

- Decent brightness (your experience)

-7 "

-possibility to be turned on by itself when it receives the vga signal (always under 12v power) and switch off when the signal goes ;

-possibility to connect a retrocamera automatically switching upon receiving a signal, to return to vga signal just after disable camera and perhaps mirroring the video signal;
    without the vga signal, panel switch on with only with the composite of retrocamera (and then go off by itself) would be the maximum

I hope that you have not asked too much
    sorry for my english
    thanks in advance
    regards
    Huawei Mediapad 7" (1280x800 IPS) | Carnetix P2140

My last update http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...t-version.html

1. Decent brightness is the NIT rating of the monitor. The brightest one I've seen that's not designated sunlight readable is the Xenarc 700TSV I have. I can see it any time of the day although I sometimes need to use my hand to see exactly where the buttons are. I can always make out the map and turns approaching though. As long as your skin has good contrasting borders then you're good. Mine is CCFL backlit but the new ones use LED so I suspect they'll be even brighter than mine. Or you can always go sunlight readable for about $700.

2. 7 inches is easy (that's what she said!). All companies offer this size.

3. It won't turn on when receiving a VGA signal, why do you want this? Monitors are designed to be powered from the computer power supply so that they turn on with the computer when triggered via 12 volt, not VGA.

4. Auto switching for rearview camera - The Lilliput DOES NOT have this, only the Xenarc line does from what I've read.

5. Mirrored video - Xenarc has this although you're going to want a camera that mirrors the video, not a monitor setting. That way it's automatic and you don't have to click a button to mirror it. That could be messy if you forget.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
      1. Decent brightness is the NIT rating of the monitor. The brightest one I've seen that's not designated sunlight readable is the Xenarc 700TSV I have. I can see it any time of the day although I sometimes need to use my hand to see exactly where the buttons are. I can always make out the map and turns approaching though. As long as your skin has good contrasting borders then you're good. Mine is CCFL backlit but the new ones use LED so I suspect they'll be even brighter than mine. Or you can always go sunlight readable for about $700.
      I read many post about Xenarc, seem a good product, but... seem difficult to find in Italy :-(

i find 700TSV model below 700$, there are many version ?

3. It won't turn on when receiving a VGA signal, why do you want this? Monitors are designed to be powered from the computer power supply so that they turn on with the computer when triggered via 12 volt, not VGA.
      I planned to mount an Asus eee pc b202+ centrafuse 2, i don't know if i'm be able to swich monitor from pc :-(

4. Auto switching for rearview camera - The Lilliput DOES NOT have this, only the Xenarc line does from what I've read.
      I read many post on this forum about hidden functions of lilliput monitors, are real?

thank' s

Comment

Originally posted by aziodale View Post
        i find 700TSV model below 700$, there are many version ?
        The Xenarc is less than $700 but what I'm saying is if you want one of the much brighter monitors labelled as sunlight readable (mp3car, certain Lilliputs) then those cost $700. The Xenarc is not sunlight readable.
        Ampie Case
        2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
        Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
        Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
        M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

The Xenarc is less than $700 but what I'm saying is if you want one of the much brighter monitors labelled as sunlight readable (mp3car, certain Lilliputs) then those cost $700. The Xenarc is not sunlight readable.
          Ok now i understand ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X