Yet another Xenarc Touch Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Xenarc Touch Question

I'm running XP with the EPIA-800, I find the controller no problem but can never make it through the calibration part. Sometimes I'm able to get through three of the four, sometimes not even 1, but never all four.

I downloaded the latest driver and have the updates from Windows Update including SP1.

Help!

No one has any ideas?

I tried contacting Xenarc too but just got v/m

Comment

Apparently I have a bad touch controller. I contacted Xenarc and they are going to replace it. They wanted to charge me shipping, but I reasoned with the guy and they are going to cover it. So if anyone else gets one that is bad call them immediately and just work with them on the shipping. There is absolutely no reason anyone should have to pay a dime, for a DOA unit.

For the record I got mine from i-zone-3.com not direct from Xenarc.

Comment

It is very cool that xenarc did that for you. usually companies don't pay for shipping back to them especially when you bought from i-zone-3.com and not xenarc. Most companies out there (even big companies such as western digital) would even ask you to deal directly with the place where you bought the monitor from.

Comment

That's excellent customer service, you should have paid the shipping since you did not buy directly from them.
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

frodo, I'm sorry there is no way I should pay shipping. Obviously Xenarc is shipping far too many DOA units. There have been other posts around here one guy had to send his back twice and he still wound up fixing it himself.

Then when you go to Xenarc's web site, click support there is an RMA form right there, what does that tell you about quality control? There is a little problem with companies that sell too many bad products, they can wind up with class action law suits against them. I understand 1 or 2 bad units, but when you are trying to fit into a nitch market where probably a lot of your customers know each other you can't afford to have that kind of a failure rate.

Last but not least these monitors are expensive, I paid to have it shipped to me and expected a good product. Had it been in my car for a while and developed a problem, then I would've been happy to pay shipping back. But for DOA? No sorry I don't buy that one.

If you want to pay for items that get shipped to you and are not in new condition then go right ahead, but for me as a paying customer I expect what I pay for, shipped to my door.

Not trying to flame, just trying to give people on this board information that they deserve when dealing with companies. Like I said obviously any company that has a link to an RMA form one click down in their website, isn't confident in their product. It's there for a reason.

Comment

You hae a legitimate gripe, but, I agree that you are lucky that Xenarc agreed to pay for the shipping. The website you purchased the monitor from should have paid for the shipping and not Xenarc. ALL manufacturers un-knowingly send out defective products. I send back more Sony products than any others and yet people still swear by them. I would be glad I discovered a defect in the monitor upon its arrival and not after it was mounted and installed in my vehicle. If you ever purchase a defective item from a website, DEMAND that they pay for the shipping cost to return the product to them or DEMAND a full refund. If they won't do that for you, they are not worth buying from. Just my 2 cents

Comment

hey lbk,

even IBM has a RMA form (They call it submit Service Request) on their website that is only one click away:

http://www-3.ibm.com/support/electro..._US&category=9

That is good customer service, not an idication of poor quality. There are many many manufacturers out there that have RMA form up on their website so their customers (resellers/retailers) can return defective products. Besides, DOA might involve a lot of different things. It might be the carrier's fault (damage through transit), manufacturer's vendor's fault, or the reseller/retailler's fault. Xenarc is just a manufacturer at the early part of the supply chain. They don't even deal with end-users or sell to end-users directly. It is the company who sold you the monitor (in this case izone3) that is supposed to be responsible for a DOA. Also, I think EELY makes the touchscreen panel for Xenarc monitors. In your case, where the touch controller went bad, does that mean you are supposed to ask EELY to pay for the shipping? Even Armen from digitalww, who is recommended by many of the board members stated clearly that BUYERS HAS TO PAY for shipping back to him for any defective products.

Comment

Originally posted by AHLU
                  hey lbk,

even IBM has a RMA form (They call it submit Service Request) on their website that is only one click away:

http://www-3.ibm.com/support/electro..._US&category=9

That is good customer service, not an idication of poor quality. There are many many manufacturers out there that have RMA form up on their website so their customers (resellers/retailers) can return defective products. Besides, DOA might involve a lot of different things. It might be the carrier's fault (damage through transit), manufacturer's vendor's fault, or the reseller/retailler's fault. Xenarc is just a manufacturer at the early part of the supply chain. They don't even deal with end-users or sell to end-users directly. It is the company who sold you the monitor (in this case izone3) that is supposed to be responsible for a DOA. Also, I think EELY makes the touchscreen panel for Xenarc monitors. In your case, where the touch controller went bad, does that mean you are supposed to ask EELY to pay for the shipping? Even Armen from digitalww, who is recommended by many of the board members stated clearly that BUYERS HAS TO PAY for shipping back to him for any defective products.
                  IBM doesn't exactly have a sterling hardware quality reputation anymore.

but nonetheless having an easily accessible RMA form is an important aspect of good customer service, especially over the internet.

Would you have been happier being forced to send emails back and forth for a month until they grant an RMA?

birrman54

Comment

I've shipped 2 electronic components in the past year for warranty repair, Canon which had excellent customer service, and Sony which seemed to take much longer than I had hoped for. Either way, the point is, I had to pay for shipping for both of those units, so if Xenarc is paying for your shipping, you should be ecstatic. RMA forms are extremely common, I wouldn't "READ" too much into it.

Comment

I'm not going to argue. I'm happy with Xenarc's service the guy who I've been working with has done a great job of making things right. The points I made were in response to others telling me Xenarc shouldn't have to pay shipping.

As I said before if other people feel they deserve to pay for a product that is DOA. Then have at it guys, I'm only trying to save some people some money for something I feel they deserve.

That is all I will say. For those who want to use the information because they are in the same situation and don't feel they should have to pay, then they will. Those that don't will spend their own money, or fight with the reseller they purchased from to get them to pay for shipping. As for me mine is going back without a dime out of my pocket, as I feel it should be. My .02 nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                      X