Laptop LCD to VGA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop LCD to VGA?

Although I've found a few things on google/mp3Car, I can't seem to find a really great answer.

My parents bought an old Compaq Armada laptop (300mhz celeron, 256mb RAM, etc.) not really worth having - no CD drive and can't boot from USB. I took the screen out, which is an 11.3". Great for the $3 they spent on it, if I can get it to work.

The specific screen the LCD has is a Torisan TFT-LCM TM113SV-02L01. It has the controller built into the back of the screen, but has 20 wires coming out of it that plug into the motherboard on the laptop. My guess is a 20-pin LVDS serial. Is there any way to wire this into a VGA port through a separate VGA to LVDS controller? I was unable to find the spec/data sheet on this screen.

Originally posted by thephanatik View Post
    Although I've found a few things on google/mp3Car, I can't seem to find a really great answer.

My parents bought an old Compaq Armada laptop (300mhz celeron, 256mb RAM, etc.) not really worth having - no CD drive and can't boot from USB. I took the screen out, which is an 11.3". Great for the $3 they spent on it, if I can get it to work.

The specific screen the LCD has is a Torisan TFT-LCM TM113SV-02L01. It has the controller built into the back of the screen, but has 20 wires coming out of it that plug into the motherboard on the laptop. My guess is a 20-pin LVDS serial. Is there any way to wire this into a VGA port through a separate VGA to LVDS controller? I was unable to find the spec/data sheet on this screen.
    Well they make mobos with LVDS headers on them. But it may or may not be LVDS. Before investing in a fancy mobo or converter I would exhaust all methods of researching what makes that controller tick, and what it outputs to what pins. It could be some HP proprietary thing, never know.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Yeah, shouldn't be too hard to find out what I can, google search for "tm113sv-02l01" return 398 results, filter out the 390 that are probably just selling it, and I'm golden.

Edit: It appears to be made by Sanyo under the Torisan TFT-LCM name, and is apparently somewhat interchangeable with the Toshiba LTM11C307S

Comment

Working...
      X