10" Monitor in Dodge Ram possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" Monitor in Dodge Ram possible?

have a 2004 Dodge Ram - are there any options for running a monitor bigger than 7"

Would like to figure out a way to intall a dash mount 10" not really too concerned with touchscreen...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...-friendly.html
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

Comment

Originally posted by detrailers View Post
      have a 2004 Dodge Ram - are there any options for running a monitor bigger than 7"

Would like to figure out a way to intall a dash mount 10" not really too concerned with touchscreen...
      detrailers, of course. Currently I have an 8 in my 05, but if you do a search you will see a 15 inch monitor install, which I think is quite amazing by the way. If a 15 will fit then a 10 is no problem.
      If you cant DODGE em, RAM em.

Comment

Originally posted by detrailers View Post

It is doable, you just have to do modding. Alot of times Dodge makes their dashes in a simple way, that its easy to do things. My opening on my Durango is 1 1/2 but the way Dodge designed the bezel, its easy to mod. Mine is a b!+ch to get off, but once off its modable. I dont have space for a 10 inch, but i know the RAM does. If it doesnt fit horizontal, maybe you can mount it vertical.

PS: My dash was done by Nexson.... Maybe you can message him with a picture of your dash, and he can tell you if a 10inch can be added.
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I don't know the exact dimensions of the Dodge dash but I would think it would be fairly feasable. I would think the heater controls would need to be moved lower in the dash though.

If it is something like this, I would move the controls to the little cubby just below (if possible) and then mold the screen in. Shouldn't be too much trouble.

I have a 10.4" Shark (samsung LCD panel) installed in the dash of my 05 F350. I could get you dimesnions of the screen if you would be interested.
          2005 Ford F-350 crew cab 4x4 6.0L SRW LWB

Planning:
          [|||||||||-] 95%
          Parts Aquisition:
          [||||||----] 60%
          Install:
          [|||||||||-] 90%

Finally getting Built

Comment

I have a 10.2" xenarc molded into the dash of my 03 Ram. it should be the same dash as yours (looks the same as the picture above).. i just moved the a/c controls where the storage bin is, and it freed up plenty of room. i have to admit, i basically copied someone from these forums found here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...9851-iram.html however, his pictures don't seem to be showing right now. i don't seem to have any on this computer, but ill see about digging them up/taking some more and uploading them if you're interested. it is very doable, and fits nicely.

Comment

Its not the best picture, but its what i have on me right now.. i have pictures of the build somewhere, but that hard drive (that i think its on) isnt working for whatever reason.. hopefully its my sata to usb connector! if i come across them, ill post more for you

Comment

WOW that looks awesome. I see alo of people do custom monitor installs like this? how do you do it?? mold fiberglass??
                that looks really good...

Comment

thanks. i started off with a bezel and a/c controls from the junk yard that i picked up for like $30 for both. hacked it all up with a dremel, rough molded it with abs, and fiberglass. then touched it up with bondo. i think i would try different products if i was to do it again. it was my first time doing anything like this, so it didnt turn out perfect, and im probably not the best for advice! there are plenty of topics on how to build it though.. look around, and decide what looks best for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X