Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another lilliput native res question

Hi MP3Car members.

This is my first post on this forum though I have been reading this forum for years. I put in a CarPC in my Nissan Altima (Atom 330 with Lilliput EBY701) couple of months ago. Since I have been looking for a way to get the lilli to display 800x480 but it just dont happen. Funny thing is the trying various resolutions (with powerstrip), the display shows without a problem 720x480 (weird), 1280x720 and the 15:9 1280x768 plus standard resolutions. Believe me I have searched all forums for any solution (and in fact I tried the above resolutions from various solutions posted).

I am just hoping that people who got the lilli's to work in 80x480 may not have been posting the solutions thinking its either obvious or no brainer or may be that this subject has been beaten to death. Any ways, please if anyone is using EBY701 at native 800x480, can you please post powerstrip settings or mod line. Please.

I really do appreciate you reading this post.
    Lilliput EBY701, Intel D945CLF2, Windows 7,
    PPA-1455 USB Audio, Visteon HD Radio,
    Front End - Still Searching

Build 95% (can never be complete)

i was worried about the native res too, until i got the screen and realized many programs i use wont even run at less then 1024x768... and that the monitor scales fairly well... so i just leave it at 1024x768 and it solves all the headaches (well, as long as you zoom in on webpages)

Comment

the lcd controller boards in lilliputs aren't capable of displaying 800x480 correctly. i read somewhere that the newer models were going to finally be able to do it right but i don't know if that has happened yet.
      my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
      wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
      company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Originally posted by kuo View Post
        the lcd controller boards in lilliputs aren't capable of displaying 800x480 correctly. i read somewhere that the newer models were going to finally be able to do it right but i don't know if that has happened yet.
        I thought so too but it was surprising to me that lilli would take lower resolutions as well as higher resolutions pretty well except of course the native one.

Anyways, I have mine set to 800x600 and it pretty much handles everything OK except some RR skins don't seem to work properly. I would rather switch to 1280x768 which is correct aspect for the monitor but the text seems to be more of guessable than readable and RR skins totally dont support this. May be I am new and have not had enough time to learn using skins so far.

Did anyone got the new lilli with DVI as demoed on mp3car videos?

[media]http://vimeo.com/4617445[/media]

Does it support (absolutely positively) the native res?

Comment

I posted the solution to force Windows into 800 x 480 a few months back in this thread
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...ml#post1331720
          It runs like a champ after you force it.

Comment

Originally posted by theonlykid View Post
            It is quite easy to get the 800 x 480 resolution with this board if you are running XP. Do the BIOS update (from 12/31 that enables support of 800 x 480), and then run regedit. Find the X and Y resolution settings. Manually change the settings to 800 and 480 from whatever they are set to. Get out of regedit and go to the display properties and you will be able to verify that you are running in 800x 480.
            The only problem I have found with this is if you ever increase the resolution past that point you will not be able to set it back to 800 x 480 in the display settings. You will have to go back into the regedit and do it that way.
            I will try the solution and post back the results, I do need to read more on the above thread. Thanks theonlykid.

Comment

i run mine at 1024x768 only because programs like handbrake and google earth like that resolution much more then 800x600 or less. the text is only a problem on web browsing really, but a simple page zoon works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by theonlykid View Post
                I posted the solution to force Windows into 800 x 480 a few months back in this thread
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...ml#post1331720
                It runs like a champ after you force it.
                i think the link is bum

Comment

I could not update BIOS as I get the error after reboot stating about checksum (I tried the reset BIOS defaults as well, prior to flashing, with no luck). I was using the Windows based BIOS update utility by Intel. At this moment I do not want to open the case to go to jumpers. By the way I do not have a USB CD/DVD ROM drive so may be a USB flash drive might work but how to make the usb drive bootable with DOS? Any ideas?.

I spent another few hours playing with Powerstrip. Lilli picked up another slew of higher and odd resolutions (as confirmed by lilli's menu).

Thanks trader007 for the tip on 1024x768. I tried the res and itís pretty usable with most applications. RR though converts the res back to 800x600 temporarily on the default skin until I quit out. Other skins that I have do not work at all. Well for now I am using the default skin I guess.

Comment

Well I updated the bios using bootable USB to 0171. The method to change resolution did not work. I had and after bios update still have 800x480 resolutions in advanced adapter settings, neither worked, the monitor still scales to 800x600 and there is a black bar at the top in 800x480. I tend to agree with kuo that lilli's had a controller that is not capable of producing native resolution.

I have seen posts about this problem since 2004 and thought it might have been fixed as many users stated contacting the manufacturer.

Comment

im pretty sure its still a driver problem. i dont think a bios update will help as much as custom video chipset drivers.

Comment

Native res is really overrated. The lilliput controller may not display 800x480 correctly, but it is awesome at scaling 800x600 like it should. Just set it to a regular resolution, and it will be scaled just fine. Nobody will be able to tell the difference. When you run RR, change the display at settings to the res you are running along with the res it was designed for. No worries.
                        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Well got the 800x480 working finally. Used driver set from cartft.com. picture looks elongated and lilli detects it as 640x480 in menu. Scaling artifacts show. However, text is much more readable and way better than 800x600.

I think the driver needs further fine tuning but I am glad with progress so far. After installing the drivers, some things stopped working, on of them is Gama. It doesnt work even after i switch the res back to 800x600. I will try to see the timings within the driver and post here also see if i can play get a better picture that is not elongated.

Comment

Working...
                          X