liliput eby701 problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liliput eby701 problem

i have this eby701 for a while, when i first got it it has a red line show up on the right side of the screen, but when i use the AC power, it went away, then i try it with the car charger, and don't see it, but after i install it on the car, it shows the red line once a while, then later, it has a blue line next to the red line, and now it has 5 lines show up every time it turn it on, i don't think it's the power, i tried power from psu, and the factory car charger and the ac adpter, makes no different, i saw a website sell the part for it, but i am not sure it's the whole screen or just the touch screen cover, here is the link http://store.mo-co-so.com/touchscree...701-p-186.html and it says "Touch Screen Panel for CCFL Lilliput EBY-701 $34.99" i am not sure that is the part i need, can someone help me

it sounds like the video controller might not be working properly, i don't think that it would be the touch screen layer.

i could be wrong, so i'll let some of the monitor experts chime in.

Free Bump!!
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

It is your LCD panel not the control board. You dont need a replacement touch screen, you need a replacement panel like this one
      http://store.mo-co-so.com/enhanceddr...nel-p-201.html
      You need to know if you have an older CCFL backlight or the newer LED backlight model. The link for the LCD panel will only work with the newer LED backlight models.

Comment

thank you for the info, but for $139 i could get a new touchscreen on ebay, it might be easier to fiberglass the new housing with the new screen than replace the display on the old, if it cost less i don't might doing the work, but $139, i am not sure, but thanks anyway, i didn't know mo-co-so.com has the replacement

Comment

It should be noted that the $140 panel is a high brightness panel that is 50% brighter then the stock one (300 Nits vs 450 Nits). You can get a stock replacement for about $65 or $70.

Comment

Originally posted by theonlykid View Post
            You can get a stock replacement for about $65 or $70.
            could you tell me where to find one? i don't know anyplace that carry those, i try ebay but don't see any

Comment

You can search eBay. Assuming you have the CCFL version of the eby701, the stock panel is a TX18D11VM1CAA. I believe a TX18D16VM1CAA panel (this one has a greater ranger of operating temperature) is also compatible. Im interested in what the model of the 450 nit panel is, and if anyone has comparisons of sunlight readabilty.

Comment

It is your LCD panel not the control board. You dont need a replacement touch screen, you need a replacement panel like this one
                http://store.mo-co-so.com/enhanceddr...nel-p-201.html
                You need to know if you have an older CCFL backlight or the newer LED backlight model. The link for the LCD panel will only work with the newer LED backlight models.
                Do you think its maybe something interfering in his car? He says when its out of the car it works fine, but in the car it has issues.

When its in the car is it getting power from the PSU, or the adapter? Also is the adapter the original adapter with the volt regulator?

Originally posted by microlost View Post
                thank you for the info, but for $139 i could get a new touchscreen on ebay, it might be easier to fiberglass the new housing with the new screen than replace the display on the old, if it cost less i don't might doing the work, but $139, i am not sure, but thanks anyway, i didn't know mo-co-so.com has the replacement
                Mo-Co-So is very good at recommending things. At 139.00 you may have better luck with glare issues and bleeding in sunlight.

It should be noted that the $140 panel is a high brightness panel that is 50% brighter then the stock one (300 Nits vs 450 Nits). You can get a stock replacement for about $65 or $70.
                Let me ask..... the stock units... are they the LED versions? If yes, can the panel from the LED version work on a CCFL control board? I have 3 older screens but they are CCFL. I would love to upgrade them to LED. The screen casings are heavily modded into my car though, so I cant swap those out.

Originally posted by microlost View Post
                could you tell me where to find one? i don't know anyplace that carry those, i try ebay but don't see any
                Well if theonlykid is mentioning the cost of the stock units, maybe he carries those also?
                Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I thought about upgrading the CCFL panels to LED as well, but I looked at that in detail a while back. Im pretty sure they are not compatible.

If I recall, the interface between the circuit board and the TFT panel is different, and so is the inverter. Also, I am pretty sure the CCFL inverter puts out hundreds of volts AC, whereas the LED backlight would most likely only require a few volts of DC.

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
                    I thought about upgrading the CCFL panels to LED as well, but I looked at that in detail a while back. Im pretty sure they are not compatible.

If I recall, the interface between the circuit board and the TFT panel is different, and so is the inverter. Also, I am pretty sure the CCFL inverter puts out hundreds of volts AC, whereas the LED backlight would most likely only require a few volts of DC.
                    Thats what I was wondering.... I think the cable is the same. I had a LED version and saw no difference, but I was curious about the power inverter.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

The LCD panel on the LED version is an Innolux AT070TN83. Datasheet here:
                      http://www.morninghan.com/pdf/AT070TN83%20V.1.pdf

I suppose you could compare the interface specs with the CCFL panels to see if they match. Assuming the interface matches, you would most likely have to power the backlight separately. The only benefit to the LED panel would be that it would operate better in the cold. Brightness wise, the spec sheet suggests that it is worse off than the CCFL.

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
                        The LCD panel on the LED version is an Innolux AT070TN83. Datasheet here:
                        http://www.morninghan.com/pdf/AT070TN83%20V.1.pdf

I suppose you could compare the interface specs with the CCFL panels to see if they match. Assuming the interface matches, you would most likely have to power the backlight separately. The only benefit to the LED panel would be that it would operate better in the cold. Brightness wise, the spec sheet suggests that it is worse off than the CCFL.
                        Also another issue is that in heat, these bad boys get really hot. My dash screen had to have a fan modded to the back to keep it from over heating. The screens on the top of the dash have not been used yet, but I have to assume that because they sit on the top, they will have more heat exposure and become more hot.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                          Do you think its maybe something interfering in his car? He says when its out of the car it works fine, but in the car it has issues.

When its in the car is it getting power from the PSU, or the adapter? Also is the adapter the original adapter with the volt regulator?
                          i am sure it's the screen going bad, i already tried it at home and on the car AC and DC power, makes no difference

Comment

Working...
                          X