In dash monitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In dash monitors

i have a 2004 vauxhall corsa and am looking to soonly install my first car pc..

i have two questions tho...

firstly... is it possible to fit two x single din units in a double din slot and if so how?

secondly.. if i buy an in dash monitor with only video in (yellow) could i get a vga to video convertor and use it like that including the touch screen? and what quality would it be?

thanks

sam

I'm not familiar with the vauxhall corsa, but I have seen two single DIN units installed in a Double DIN slot. Single DIN is just half the height of a Double DIN, so two singles should fit in a Double DIN opening. Depends on if you can find the right bezel or make a custom one.

Comment

how would i go about that?

sorry im just a total noob..

been looking around the site and found...

got any clue as to how i should make that from...

and what about the vga connections and all that with the in dash monitor?

Comment

since part 1 of your question was already answered, here's part 2.

You can feed a VGA to RCA converter if you wanted and that will put out ****ty video into your monitor, that's it. You wont be able to read text or anything, because the resolution is so low. And the touchscreen part is an output of the monitor, and needs a data connection. So a screen that only has video input, only has video input. A screen with video input and a usb/serial connector, then can be used as a monitor and a touchscreen.

Since the monitor is the only part of the CarPC you are interacting with on a daily basis, why skimp on a crappy screen? Do it right the first time.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

thanks for your helpful answer..

i am now considering intergrating the screen into my centre console... see above pictures for what i want.. could you please reccomend me a decent screen that would allow me to do this.

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sbushel7 View Post
            thanks for your helpful answer..

i am now considering intergrating the screen into my centre console... see above pictures for what i want.. could you please reccomend me a decent screen that would allow me to do this.

many thanks
            a 'decent' screen can range from $200-800, the most expensive being transflective, or otherwise called sunlight readable.

really you just need to find a screen that will work for your application-- you really just need to find one with vga input, and a touchscreen overlay-- lilliput and xenarc are the more common brands, but there are others.
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
              a 'decent' screen can range from $200-800, the most expensive being transflective, or otherwise called sunlight readable.

really you just need to find a screen that will work for your application-- you really just need to find one with vga input, and a touchscreen overlay-- lilliput and xenarc are the more common brands, but there are others.

Transflective are the most expensive since they are direct sunlight readable. Meaning if the sun shines to where you can see the firey ball of death reflecting off of the screen, you will still be able to read it for the most part. Whereas in all other screens (regardless of brand), you will get blinded by the light.
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

could you reccomend me a good one then?

Comment

you need to research which is good to you so you will be happy.

I would suggest this as a good one: http://store.mp3car.com/New_7_Transf..._p/mon-052.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X