Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about lilliput 629, delay auto on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about lilliput 629, delay auto on?

Hey guys, i have a lilliput 629 7 in, with the auto turn on feature. what im running into is that when i turn the car on, the screen turns on right away and gives me the blue no input screen while my computer is coming out of hibernate. what i am wondering is whether there's anyway to either get rid of that screen and have just a black one or to delay the turn on. thanks in advance

I have the 701 Version and If I remember correctly in the menu it gives me the option to change the color of that screen. You might want to go back into that menu where you turned the auto-on option on and see if you have it on the older model.

Comment

ooh, that is something i have wanted.
      i too have the 629 7n
      i will have to check @ lunch time to see.
      i was looking for something to change the screen color, but couldn't initially find anything

mdawg, under wut heading did you see the option?
      trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

there is no way to change it on the 629 and unfortunately even if your computer is on when ur monitor starts you'll still see that screen. I know its no solution in this case but i requested lilliput do away with that blue screen ... either by getting rid of it altogether OR by making it black. That blue is SUPER bright at night lol
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

omg that sucks! ^^^
          They blue screen takes away from the OEM look and feel that i am aspiring for.
          trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

wait i have the 619 version i just realized. any diffrence?

Comment

i doubt it.. i've never seen any option to change that screen and i've owned 5 or 6 lilli's

Comment

what if i make it so it powers into standby, wouldn't the screen only turn on when there's signal from the computer?

Comment

I'll go out tomorrow and check that menu, I sware I saw an option but then again I have the 09 model so it might be diff.

Comment

if the monitor REMAINS powered i dont think you'll see the screen.. but you dont wanna do that for more than a day

Comment

Is that specific to one version of the 629? Mine doesn't do any blue screen anything.

Comment

that blue screen is really sucks.. hopefully someone finds a way to get rid of it.
                        There is nothing impossible in the world :-)

Comment

You can use an USB relay, like this one:

You can find them here, or try e-bay. Diablosv21 and/or Dejan (?) on CF forums developed a plugin (I *think* this is the thread, but I may be wrong, check the plugin downloads too) that will activate the relay connected to the USB port to turn on the display only after CF is fully loaded.

I bet it can be used with RR too.

EDIT: nevermind, now I realized that whenever the thing is turned on the screen will be blue. Sorry for that.
                          Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                          Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Working...
                          X