kyrocera and fujitsu ebay deals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kyrocera and fujitsu ebay deals

ok we've all seen these screens on ebay for dirt... anyone actually have any luck?? doing a seach resulted in less than favorable results, just wondering if any1 has had any progres....

-chris

I just got
    this one for a penny... (+ 1300% shipping )
    Project:Carputer
    [====================] 100% Completed, done, finished!
    Car: 2003 VW GOL
    Motherboard: VIA M10000
    PSU: ITPS + 12VDCATX + 7.4ah 12V battery
    Monitor: 7' LCD with Video, S-video, and VGA
    GPS: deluo USB

Comment

Ehm, one question.. how can a auction end with 0.01US dollar, and 2 bids(!) ?

Richard
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

probably both bid 1 penny...
        1999 voyager pontoon boat
        (soon to be computerized)

Comment

I bid on $0.01 at the beginning, then added another bid just to be safe... thus 2 bids...

Comment

Damn thats cheap. Did you get it yet. Im wondering if I can spare the penny. Well $13.01. It only comes with the screen though right? You still need the controller and backlight?? Are these good quality screens?

Thanks
            Maroon Monte Carlo In process of Being Pimped Out.

Comment

no, I haven't got it yet.
              yes, it's only the LCD panel itself.

I did a google search on the model number, only found a few links, from what I've read so far, it's probably a touchscreen.

as far as the controllers, I haven't found any thing that is known to be compatible.
              I think the backlight is built-in (not sure), that case you'll need an inverter also.

Comment

BlueVisor: Going by the images of the screen you just bought, it is definately a touch screen, the 4 wire plastic cable is for the touch screen. Also looks like it comes with the touch controller attached. Not sure how it would interface with a PC tho.
                Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Bluevisor: That screen you just got came out of a Fujits B112 (B142?) Laptop. Yes, It does have a touchscreen as well as a ps/2 touch controller mounted to the back of the lcd.

I had one of the laptops with a bad motherboard and was going to use it. After many hours of reverse-engineering the weird (not hirose) interface, I was able to wire it directly to an old laptop motherboard. HUGE disappointment. The screen was so dim, I'd say less than 150 nits. I did however get the touchscreen and controller working with another lcd. See here for my story about that

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t+touchscreens

If you decide you want to get that thing working I can provide pinouts for the touch controller. It was WAY too much trouble to wire up the lcd, took countless hours to make a custom cable.

Sweet deal though, You got a very nice touchscreen and controller for $13!!

Comment

thx for the great info, guys!

Odie, have you ever contacted fujitsu? is it possible to order a cable for that LCD? I don't think I have the skill and patience to actually make a custom cable, but if I could get the touch screen working, it would be really nice...

also, for the dim screen, do you think this foil trick ddt posted would help?

Comment

Ha! Yeah right. Fujitsu wouldn't tell you even if they knew. I tried to get a data sheet for that display, no luck. I'm sure there is info out there, but even then you would still need some custom cables.

You should forget about using that screen. I don't think there is any easy or cheap way to make it even close to daylight readable. The foil trick may help a little, but you better have some heavy tint on your windows or drive at night. I could barely see it under fluorescent lights.

Get yourself another 8.4" lcd, controller, etc. Use that touch overlay. The touchscreen rivals the 3m's I've used in sensitivity. that touch panel and controller alone are worth far more than what you paid.

Btw, for those looking for 8.4 touch overlays, there are several more of these auctions on ebay currently

Comment

i got a 12 g laptop drive from those guys that was junk and they would not even honor their own disclaimer that said the item shown is the exact same one for sale
                        kinda funny that the drive i got had a entirely diff serial number

anyways i got the hd replaced by the manufacturer took about 4 tries to get a working one back well i think it works i really have not felt like testing it yet <sigh>
                        WINNER!!!!
                        run-on sentance comp 2002!!
                        :)

Comment

just received the panel today, a quick update...

this is the whole thing...

this goes to the PS/2 port, I guess?

power supply, is it 12v DC?

Comment

Odie, can you help me with the pinout please? much appreciated...

Comment

from this picture, the screen doesn't seem too dim... (B142)

Comment

Working...
                              X